• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pysics Paper 31 (Discussion only)

Reaction score
WayneRooney10 said:
:/
You know, for the first question. Where did your line start? like, at 0? mine began at 1.2 N on the y axis.
i think same here :p

haha stupid question , but what would happen if u push the trolley with less force than ur answer ?

Reaction score
unplugged said:
Was that a question o_O. Do you mean what was happening to the acceleration before 1.2?

Yea what ever

i said the speed was Constant

so no acceleration

Reaction score
Well , erm. No acceleration is true , but since we're considering a trolley that was never moving. Then it wouldn't be moving if there was never any acceleration to start with.
And i mean , the case is rather obvious. There was static friction preventing the trolley from moving. So initial force was needed to break that and then normal friction would be less , which allows movement and acceleration.

Reaction score
unplugged said:
Well , erm. No acceleration is true , but since we're considering a trolley that was never moving. Then it wouldn't be moving if there was never any acceleration to start with.
And i mean , the case is rather obvious. There was static friction preventing the trolley from moving. So initial force was needed to break that and then normal friction would be less , which allows movement and acceleration.

SOOOOO
WHAT IS THE EXACT ANSWER, of course u didnt wrote this answer?

Reaction score
I just wrote no movement ;>. It would be like you trying to push a building. Nothing happens.

Reaction score
Two parallel lamp , with one lamp having it's own switch and then one switch for the whole circuit.

Reaction score
WayneRooney10 said:
I got 2.88 ohms.
How did you arrive at that. I just took the value of resistance that would have provided the same current as we got in the first question.

Reaction score
unplugged said:
WayneRooney10 said:
I got 2.88 ohms.
How did you arrive at that. I just took the value of resistance that would have provided the same current as we got in the first question.
I got 1.25A for the current. Divided 3.6V/1.25A = 2.88 ohms

Reaction score
Well , i think he gave us the power then said what would the current be if the optimal P.D. was present. Optimal P.D> was 3.6 i think yea. and i think the current was like 2.5 , but it's kinda of foggy.