• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Question about Physics Practical

Reaction score
I took my physics practical today and in the table i made the mistake of not converting cm to meters, how does that effect the rest of my exam. they will still give me marks for everything else
like method marks for y-intercept and the gradient and points for finding the values PLEZ someone tell me!!

Reaction score
what version? i took 32 but i also didn't convert to meters ,and i don't think it will effect other measurements.

Reaction score
variant 34, but im pretty sure it does make a difference im just wondering how many method marks you can get making that mistake

Reaction score
@owaismemon arent you worried about the mistake? dont you lose all the marks for the table and for the graph and finding the y intercept and the gradient , i mean seriously with this mistake what marks can possibly be earned, unless they have ECF

Reaction score
AlevelQuestion said:
I took my physics practical today and in the table i made the mistake of not converting cm to meters, how does that effect the rest of my exam. they will still give me marks for everything else
like method marks for y-intercept and the gradient and points for finding the values PLEZ someone tell me!!
They will deduct your marks in the table...But your error will be carried forward and most probably they u wouldn't cut your marks in rest of the Questions if calculations are correct!
Anyway Keep your fingers crossed! :) ;-)

Reaction score
can you please explain what question were given..coz i have practical 33

Reaction score
cool....so 1.15 is in the range rite???
@fireman:and every1 got these values for the grad and c???lyk among ur frnds

Reaction score
@dolly- yes ,every 1 got an gradient near 1.0-1.5 ,and the y intercept was a bit diffenrt but very close, i guess our ones are correct cuz majority got a negetive c,nyways check your inbox

Reaction score
i also had a negative y-int.!
and the gradient was 1.03 ! :) yay
anthor thing what was the diameter of the bottle ?

Reaction score
my gradient was 0.26 n intercept was 0.004.most ppl here had a positive intercept.....it also wasnt negative because u cud see it from the equation....

csc

Reaction score
I took p36, and i am worried cos i converted mine to meters, and i got large gradient, 55+.while my friends used cm.. who's right? hmm