• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Question in paper 21 business studies AS level 9707

Reaction score
I don't seem to understand question (c) in the first case study. The question is: Discuss the extent to which the new employment contract has created the motivation
problems at LL. [10]

The employment contract is, on the contrary, very motivating, or at least that's how I thought of it. Any suggestions?
Here's the question paper:
prompt reply will be appreciated.

Attachments

• 9707_s11_qp_21.pdf
    129 KB · Views: 20
Reaction score
i THINK THE CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT IS'NT AT ALL MOTIVATING.....I MEAN IF U READ THE POINTS CAREFULLY....IT IS CLEAR THAT THE WORKFORCE WILL HAVE LITTLE OR NO JOB SATISFACTION....AND THUS AS BUSINESS TRIES TO SAVE UP THE LABOUR COST WHILE MAKING THIS NEW CONTRACT,,,,THERE WILL BE A VERY LOW MORALE AMONGST WORKERS,,AS THERE WILL NT BE A SENSE OF BELONGINGNESS.............BT AT THE SAME TIME THE WORKERS WILL GET TO LEARN AND EXPERINCE NEW VIA TRAINING....AND ALSO FACILITIES ARE PROVIDED NOW....SO THUS AS IT IS DICUSS YOU HAVE TO BE ON BOTH THE SIDES.....AND I HOPE U UNDERSTOODD....:) :) :) :)

Reaction score
i THINK THE CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT IS'NT AT ALL MOTIVATING.....I MEAN IF U READ THE POINTS CAREFULLY....IT IS CLEAR THAT THE WORKFORCE WILL HAVE LITTLE OR NO JOB SATISFACTION....AND THUS AS BUSINESS TRIES TO SAVE UP THE LABOUR COST WHILE MAKING THIS NEW CONTRACT,,,,THERE WILL BE A VERY LOW MORALE AMONGST WORKERS,,AS THERE WILL NT BE A SENSE OF BELONGINGNESS.............BT AT THE SAME TIME THE WORKERS WILL GET TO LEARN AND EXPERINCE NEW VIA TRAINING....AND ALSO FACILITIES ARE PROVIDED NOW....SO THUS AS IT IS DICUSS YOU HAVE TO BE ON BOTH THE SIDES.....AND I HOPE U UNDERSTOODD....:) :) :) :)
But.. the only dis. in the contract is that employees will now have to work longer hours that are, on the bright side, flexible. I checked the MS and the answers they included are the same as yours, but still I don't see any relevance. How is improved training programs and enhanced working facilities (rest room) going to affect workers' morale negatively?

Reaction score
But.. the only dis. in the contract is that employees will now have to work longer hours that are, on the bright side, flexible. I checked the MS and the answers they included are the same as yours, but still I don't see any relevance. How is improved training programs and enhanced working facilities (rest room) going to affect workers' morale negatively?

see workers have more facilities and improved training programs are nt going to affect the workers morale negatively...obvioulsy it will affect positively...BT the points in the question also being longer working hours and

The aim was to achieve a more flexible workforce and lower labour
costs.which will necessarily mean that they may take steps which will lower the benefits of workforce and thus the morale....hope u gt it....:)
so preaped for b..s...and where u from??

Reaction score
see workers have more facilities and improved training programs are nt going to affect the workers morale negatively...obvioulsy it will affect positively...BT the points in the question also being longer working hours and

The aim was to achieve a more flexible workforce and lower labour
costs.which will necessarily mean that they may take steps which will lower the benefits of workforce and thus the morale....hope u gt it....:)
so preaped for b..s...and where u from??
Yeah I get it and I will do more research inshallah regarding this topic. Thanks!
and the profile thing I don't know why :s I just log in to ask q's; not very active here.

Reaction score
okay imma just post all the points I got:
Bad because:
- workers may be reluctant to learn new skills
- longer working hours
- although there are improved redundancy terms, workers are still made redundant
- better pay at other local businesses
Good because:
- flexible working hours
- improved working environment (conditions)
- better training means more skilled labour which could even help employees with possible future employments

Check the Mark Scheme just in case