• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Questions about First language English(0500) as the English requirement when I apply uni

Reaction score
Hey guys
Will someone who get a grade A in IGCSE first language English(0500) be considered in priority than someone who get a grade B when applying universities if the minimum english requirement is B

I only get a B while lots of my classmates get an A..I am very nervous about that.

THX FOR YOUR REPLIES!

Reaction score
Hey guys
Will someone who get a grade A in IGCSE first language English(0500) be considered in priority than someone who get a grade B when applying universities if the minimum english requirement is B

I only get a B while lots of my classmates get an A..I am very nervous about that.

THX FOR YOUR REPLIES!

Not necessarily. The person who received a B might have things the university is interested in that the person who got an A doesn't, like more extra-curricular activities, work experience, community service hours, a better IELTS/SAT score for example, etc. So keep in mind that one grade doesn't influence their prioritisation system!