• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Reason why practical apparatus leak could screw you up.

Reaction score
Dear fellow,
I am an AS Student and gave the practicals for the first time in my life, the paper leak (appratus leak ) was pretty interesting and it seemed an easy way out . But the CIE's are pretty smart, here is a list what they did:
  1. Biology Practical/33 : There was Biuret solution though there wasnt any protein so they tried to confuse us.
  2. Physics Practical/33: For the Question 2 they gave us a Stopwatch, which was not used anywhere. That was just to confuse anyone who got the list into thinking that they had to measure the time taken by the marble.
  3. Chemistry Practical/33: here is a good one. Apparatus wa pretty much correct but in the question where we had to calculate the mass of unknown Group I metal, the answer by calculation was K while actually in the solution there was Na so anyone who had the apparatus list of solution list before had wrote "Na" metal which would result in CIE knowing that the student cheated and would most probably get a U grade (I asked my teachers they said If CIE are sure the student cheated they would give him U in Practical and some time in whole subject.)
So before relying on the Leaked paper, do complete your preparation :p

Reaction score
Yes i've heard that stuff too about problems with apparatus leak. but the thing is a lot of ppl were getting Na with their own calculations as well

Reaction score
Yes i've heard that stuff too about problems with apparatus leak. but the thing is a lot of ppl were getting Na with their own calculations as well

With the given data you cant have Na. These people must have manipulated the data to fit the answer

Reaction score
Dear fellow,
I am an AS Student and gave the practicals for the first time in my life, the paper leak (appratus leak ) was pretty interesting and it seemed an easy way out . But the CIE's are pretty smart, here is a list what they did:
  1. Biology Practical/33 : There was Biuret solution though there wasnt any protein so they tried to confuse us.
  2. Physics Practical/33: For the Question 2 they gave us a Stopwatch, which was not used anywhere. That was just to confuse anyone who got the list into thinking that they had to measure the time taken by the marble.
  3. Chemistry Practical/33: here is a good one. Apparatus wa pretty much correct but in the question where we had to calculate the mass of unknown Group I metal, the answer by calculation was K while actually in the solution there was Na so anyone who had the apparatus list of solution list before had wrote "Na" metal which would result in CIE knowing that the student cheated and would most probably get a U grade (I asked my teachers they said If CIE are sure the student cheated they would give him U in Practical and some time in whole subject.)

ive done physics p32 ..and the apparatus wasnt airtight therefore i only managed to get three airbubbles so a report was sent however many other candidates got their apparatus fixed although a report was sent ...does that mean my answers are wrong i dont think they will accept the report

Reaction score
ive done physics p32 ..and the apparatus wasnt airtight therefore i only managed to get three airbubbles so a report was sent however many other candidates got their apparatus fixed although a report was sent ...does that mean my answers are wrong i dont think they will accept the report

Yar they will take the report into consideration and If they conclude that apparatus was reason for wrong answer they might do grace marking.

Reaction score
Yar they will take the report into consideration and If they conclude that apparatus was reason for wrong answer they might do grace marking.
the problem is that even when a report was sent ...many candidates got their apparatus fixed so im the only one :(

Reaction score
Dear fellow,

How do you know that it was K so surely when the actual solution was Nacarbonate

Reaction score
How do you know that it was K so surely when the actual solution was Nacarbonate

The Calculations showed it's K and as a matter of fact Examiner's of two centers also said the same. And one of that examiner told me that CIE tried students this year.

Reaction score
Dear fellow,

yar wo dekha baghair U grade ni deta agr 1 question thek ha us k to number milan ga
mera khyal ma apna galt likha ha k whole subjectU

Reaction score
yar wo dekha baghair U grade ni deta agr 1 question thek ha us k to number milan ga
mera khyal ma apna galt likha ha k whole subjectU

I never said k I think that, I was told by my teacher who are examiner from last 15 years. So I think she would have a reason behind it.