• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Rechecking of october/november 2010 results

Reaction score
Actually I got D in Pakistan studies. And I am definetely sure that the examiner has seriously done wrong with my paper, because I was expecting A* in history and B in geography. So i must get an A not a D. I think there is an error or something. I am a private candidate. I called british council oman, they told me that they don't provide the service for rechecking, instead i have to contact the cie university directly. They also told me to go to the official website of Cie and there i can find the procedure of rechecking, but I can't find it there. So if you people can tell me where the rechecking procedure is in the cie website, i would certainly be highly obliged.

Thank you very much in this regard!! :)

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
If you would like to submit an enquiry about your CIE examination results, please contact the examinations officer at your centre. CIE does not accept results enquiry applications directly from students.

Reaction score
But plantemaster, I called my centre, they told me that they can't do this service of rechecking. My centre is in fact British council Oman

Reaction score
By the way maths-angel. is it possible that after rechecking my grade would be changed from D to A? I mean they must have done some mistake. Like for example i may have got 52 out of 75 in geography and they would have thought 52 out of 100. So they gave me a D!! They would have forgotten to check my history paper. Can this be possible? i mean can it be most likely?
Its because in the whole oman i am the only person who gave the exam of pakistan studies in this session i.e. october/november 2010 session. So they won't give me and my papers much importance.

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Yes its possible! :)
Currently British council isn't offering Rechecking anywhere.
It should be available within this week on the same link above.

If they don not offer this service at all, there is nothing you can do! :(

Reaction score
But uxair this link is for those who live in Pakistan not Oman. i am a Pakistani living in Oman, muscat.

Reaction score
shahlakh said:
But uxair this link is for those who live in Pakistan not Oman. i am a Pakistani living in Oman, muscat.

Ops !
i thought you must be From Pakistan Because you have given Pakistan Studies paper :)
So have you Got your Genuine certificate and Statement of result ?
if Yes then you might also be receiving a rough Page in which details for rechecking is explained !

Otherwise try Contacting British Council Oman as soon as possible , View the below link to know how you can Cantact british council Oman through various methods :)

http://www.britishcouncil.org/me-oman-contact-us.htm

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
shahlakh said:
By the way maths-angel. is it possible that after rechecking my grade would be changed from D to A? I mean they must have done some mistake. Like for example i may have got 52 out of 75 in geography and they would have thought 52 out of 100. So they gave me a D!! They would have forgotten to check my history paper. Can this be possible? i mean can it be most likely?
Its because in the whole oman i am the only person who gave the exam of pakistan studies in this session i.e. october/november 2010 session. So they won't give me and my papers much importance.
Assalamoalaikum!!

well yes as PlanetMaster said ..it's possible :)
May Allah help you!

Reaction score
What u can do is this. That the latest papers and their marking schemes are up on Xtremepapers. You can download them and see how u attempted the paper. And what grade u deserve. If ur sure about ur outstanding performance, hen go for the recheck!

HOPE THIS HELPS!

Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum everyone,
I got a B grade in Pakistan Studies and I was expecting an A*. Can anyone tell me what's the chance that I can have my grade raised if I send an application for re-checking?