• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Recommendations for a good scientific calculator for AS Maths?

Reaction score
Can someone recommend a good model of a calculator for GCE AS Level Maths? Any answers would be appreciated!

Reaction score
I use CASIO fx-991ES PLUS, It is perfectly the best and beast calculator you can take to your exam, it is allowed i have already used in my o levels. And is allowed. I don't think there is better calculator than Casio fx-991ES Plus which is allowed, Wait for other members to answer, they might have a better calculator. :)

Reaction score
Me too recommend fx-991ES Plus, i used it in my O levels and am gonna use it again in this May, while giving my as level.

Reaction score
I use CASIO fx-991ES PLUS, It is perfectly the best and beast calculator you can take to your exam, it is allowed i have already used in my o levels. And is allowed. I don't think there is better calculator than Casio fx-991ES Plus which is allowed, Wait for other members to answer, they might have a better calculator. :)

what are its advantages? thanks.

Reaction score
what are its advantages? thanks.
You can differentiate and integrate getting a numerical value ( not symbolic )
you can solve quadratic equations
NCR function is available

this features may present in other calculators but personally, i find that this calculator contain all the functions you need and more for as level.

Reaction score
You can differentiate and integrate getting a numerical value ( not symbolic )
you can solve quadratic equations
NCR function is available

this features may present in other calculators but personally, i find that this calculator contain all the functions you need and more for as level.
Thanks for the reply. I'll check it out. So i can counter check my Integral/differential answer with the calculator?

Reaction score
i use casio 991es plus calculator u need to mention name of calc over there, i need to know is it in given range of calc. we can use?

Reaction score
Well 991ES plus is very good, but personally it makes your work way to easy. If you really wanna be good at mathematics, you should know how to do the work yourself as well. So a better one to use would be 82ES PLUS