• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

recommended book for igcse chemsitry??

Reaction score
hi ! can any body recommend me a book for igcse chem and how should i prepare for chem??? any help would be appreciated....i have opted for the extended curriculum....how is this book Chemistry for IGCSE by R. Norris &
R. Stanbridge ???

Reaction score
hi ! can any body recommend me a book for igcse chem and how should i prepare for chem??? any help would be appreciated....i have opted for the extended curriculum....how is this book Chemistry for IGCSE by R. Norris &
R. Stanbridge ???

The book you have is one of the best books for Chemistry, along with this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Cambridge-Che...id=1345357031&sr=8-3&keywords=igcse+chemistry

I'd recommend you start early and prepare your own study notes real early in the year by going through the syllabus independently and finding each point in it from the book. Then try to get familiar with your notes whenever you have any spare time. And if you don't understand any concept, don't hesitate to ask your teacher.

Reaction score
there are three recommended books for igcse chamistry please tell which one is the best ????

Attachments

• chem igcse books.JPG
    chem igcse books.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 61
Reaction score
Asalam-o-Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatahu!
I am going to tell you that "Cambridge IGCSE Chemistry Coursebook with CD-ROM (Cambridge International Examinations) by Richard Harwood and Ian Lodge" is NOT as good as the previous version: http://www.usedbook.sg/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/700884-495x500.jpg
This is definitely the book you are looking for! The new version has a CD and all (not useful) but the old version has EVERYTHING you need to know for Chemistry IGCSE. The new book does not have all the information. I am telling you this out of experience. I promise you that if you study this book and do ALL the past papers....you'll guarantee yourself the top mark. But remember to be a hardworker from the very beginning! :)
Good Luck!

Reaction score
i forgot to tell everyone that i have appeared for o levels chemistry but got a B grade :( thats why i want to appear for igcse to get an A ....