• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

requirements for equilance certificate

Reaction score
just go and apply...they will ask for your passport copies...which is a proof of you as a foreigner..:)

Reaction score
i did Alevels from Pak...so i had to give those subjects...but they dint count them.

Reaction score
Hi there, with reference to your last thread, you said that they didn't count them So the equivalency will be only calculated using the A level grades like , one minute

I appeared for A levels separately due to some reasons . Maths and Chemistry in Saudi Arabia and as for Physics I appeared for it in Karachi, along with the compulsory subjects Pakstud. Isl and Urdu and iam a bit confused

Another thing regarding my Alevels is that I have certificates of two A-level results and as for the third I have the statement of results as it takes approx 2 months for the certificate to arrive, so can a provisional equivalency be made with these docs?

Lastly, i appeared in all of these subjects as a private candidate, so what should I write in the field where they ask for PARTICULARS OF INSTITUTION and also the field NAME OF THE COUNTRY WERE THIS CERTIFICATE WAS OBTAINED

Thanks and am waiting for your advice

Reaction score
Hi there, with reference to your last thread, you said that they didn't count them So the equivalency will be only calculated using the A level grades like , one minute

I appeared for A levels separately due to some reasons . Maths and Chemistry in Saudi Arabia and as for Physics I appeared for it in Karachi, along with the compulsory subjects Pakstud. Isl and Urdu and iam a bit confused

Another thing regarding my Alevels is that I have certificates of two A-level results and as for the third I have the statement of results as it takes approx 2 months for the certificate to arrive, so can a provisional equivalency be made with these docs?

Lastly, i appeared in all of these subjects as a private candidate, so what should I write in the field where they ask for PARTICULARS OF INSTITUTION and also the field NAME OF THE COUNTRY WERE THIS CERTIFICATE WAS OBTAINED

Thanks and am waiting for your advice
You had to appear for those 3 mandatory subjects because you didn't appear for A.L entirely in Saudi Arabia. I did both O.L and A.L in Saudi Arabia from an International School.
And I'm not so sure since you appeared as a private candidate I assume it must be left blank perhaps nil, but for the O.L equivalency you can write Saudi Arabia for " NAME OF THE COUNTRY WERE THIS CERTIFICATE WAS OBTAINED"

My cousin had to appear for them as well.

And please refer to this thread for more info
https://www.xtremepapers.com/commun...o-getting-your-equivalence-certificate.35322/

Last edited:
Reaction score
But still, they should count those marks. I guess we can do the cheat sheet stuff with this one too.
First we submit docs again for another O level equivalency again but this time with 8 subjects. And then apply for A levels equivalency.....

But yet am not sure yet.
And again if they don't count those marks then that's totally unfair as great efforts should not go UNNOTICED!

Another question is that can an A level equivalency be made with an o level provisional equivalency???

Btw if I had my o level certificates delivered here in Pakistan, so it means that I obtained them in Pakistan right?

Reaction score
But still, they should count those marks. I guess we can do the cheat sheet stuff with this one too.
First we submit docs again for another O level equivalency again but this time with 8 subjects. And then apply for A levels equivalency.....

But yet am not sure yet.
And again if they don't count those marks then that's totally unfair as great efforts should not go UNNOTICED!

Another question is that can an A level equivalency be made with an o level provisional equivalency???

Btw if I had my o level certificates delivered here in Pakistan, so it means that I obtained them in Pakistan right?

You probably misunderstood me. I'm not that sure myself because I submitted the docs for both O Level & A Level at the same time. Your grades won't go unnoticed.
If you have results for both then apply at the same time too, else go for O.L first.
I'll assume what you trying to say is, "you submitted the docs before you appeared for 3 mandatory subjects, and then submitted the docs again after exams and for all of 8"
I'm confused, but I don't know if they would issue 2 equivalencies separately for O.L. You should visit the IBCC with your concern of having appeared across two countries.

I don't think so that you can get a provisional equivalency /normal equivalency with an O.L provisional equivalency, again I'd suggest you to visit the IBCC as soon as possible for assistance.

No, although you privately appeared for O.L your subject codes with still indicate you took the exams abroad since you appeared for IGCSE instead of O level (there's a a little bit of a difference)

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply again . One more thing, If I appeared for O levels abroad and I have an equivalency of 5 o level subjects and if I appeared for 3 a levels subjects along with mandatory subjects will my final equivalency be out of 800 since I have appeared from abroad. If I would have appeared from here it would have been out of 1100 right?. I wrote 800 in the sense because 5 o levels and 3 Alevels make 800 whereas, 8 o levels and 3 Alevels make 1100.

Thanks anyway you are a real demon

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply again . One more thing, If I appeared for O levels abroad and I have an equivalency of 5 o level subjects and if I appeared for 3 a levels subjects along with mandatory subjects will my final equivalency be out of 800 since I have appeared from abroad. If I would have appeared from here it would have been out of 1100 right?. I wrote 800 in the sense because 5 o levels and 3 Alevels make 800 whereas, 8 o levels and 3 Alevels make 1100.

Thanks anyway you are a real demon
Not so sure, the metric is calculated out of 900 and Intermediate out of 1100 and the grades are converted with their particular formula.

I'll be attaching 2 snaps of my equivalencies ( I actually applied for equivaleny on US High School Diploma)

Reaction score
See the attached snaps, also the IBCC in my case sent me a letter mentioning the equivalent marks that I used to apply in the universities until the equivalency was issued

Attachments

• 20180911_163821.jpg
    20180911_163821.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
  • 20180911_163856.jpg
    20180911_163856.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks and that makes things clear. Can you send snaps of the no. Of subjects in your A level certificate
so that I can compare them with mine

Reaction score
Thanks and that makes things clear. Can you send snaps of the no. Of subjects in your A level certificate
so that I can compare them with mine
I had 4 subjects initially.
AICT (dropped after AS)
Chemistry
Maths
Physics
My A.L wasn't complete since I appeared for Maths and Physics for both AS & A2 and AS Chemistry. And equivalency can't be issued for that.
So instead I applied on US High School.

Attachments

• Screenshot (212).png
    Screenshot (212).png
    432.8 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
I see, sorry to disturb you again , but what about your o level subjects?? were they 5 or 8??

Reaction score
I see, sorry to disturb you again , but what about your o level subjects?? were they 5 or 8??
They were 6 subjects as follows:
Chemistry
English As a Second Language
ICT
Mathematics
Physics
Urdu as a Second Language

I knew about the privileges I had, Pak Std, Islamiyat and Urdu were not compulsary for me yet I took Urdu

Reaction score
I see, but your equivalency is one wierd equivalency friend. First off they count 8 or 5 subjects, but yours is 6
second since you applied along with highschool diploma, your marks were out of 1100.
I bet you can figure that out on their website.

Here is the thing: each subject in o level carries 100 marks. If I have eight subjects that's 800 , yet they give you marks out of 900. But this 800 is not forgotten. Each A levels also carries 100 there for three of them makes 300. Hence 800+300=1100 but mine is 5 subjects ( if they count mandatories then 8) in o levels. There fore they are out of 500 and A levels out of 300. Therefore it is out of 800 ( 500+300=800) rather than 1100.

That is what I wanted to confirm

Reaction score
I see, but your equivalency is one wierd equivalency friend. First off they count 8 or 5 subjects, but yours is 6
second since you applied along with highschool diploma, your marks were out of 1100.
I bet you can figure that out on their website.

Here is the thing: each subject in o level carries 100 marks. If I have eight subjects that's 800 , yet they give you marks out of 900. But this 800 is not forgotten. Each A levels also carries 100 there for three of them makes 300. Hence 800+300=1100 but mine is 5 subjects ( if they count mandatories then 8) in o levels. There fore they are out of 500 and A levels out of 300. Therefore it is out of 800 ( 500+300=800) rather than 1100.

That is what I wanted to confirm
The no. of subjects doesn't matter since candidates take extra subjects here in pakistan making a total of 9 or even 10.
And as I mentioned above, I never applied on for O.L equivalency. It's all my US High School based results.
I didn't take those mandatory subjects but had to appear for them IN SCHOOL. We had to take exams in our school too unlike here in Pakistan.

Reaction score
Hello guys. So I went to the British council today since the making of my equivalence was to be started. The lady at the counter asked for my Passport copy and the copy of my certificates. After I gave her that, she told me to get the money for the testations of the papers. And so I did pay that also. She handed me the receipt and then I was to leave, which she made it not to specific on what I should do next. Can anyone help me out?