• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

result confusion resolved!!!

Reaction score
i hv got concrete info abt the grades A* nd A.I went 2 my skool nd the VP showed me a document.it was FAQs abt this year results FROM british council.it was wriiteen ova there clearly dat the standard of A or B or C REMAINS THE SAME AS IT WAS 3 4 YEARS BAK.jxt dat they hv introduced A* grade above A.nd equivalency thing was also written dat b4 if one cud get max. 935 mrx nw its increased to 990.cos A*=90 BY ibcc.
1 last thing the biggest confusion abt this years result dat if the standard of A is same then y its frm 80-90 cos 1 year bak they also published mrx in wich A was
90-100? FOR This i cn just tell u dat these r % UNIFORM MRX based upon a threshold level set by the PERCINTILE ND A is still on da 90th percentile nd B on 80th percentile.nd u guyx already knw how A* THREshold is decided

Reaction score
if any queries plxx don't hesitate to post them ova' here.btw if i find dat document sumhow i ll post ova here for further ASSURITY

Reaction score
1. try to use a dictionary while writting
2. dont use slangs e.g Lyk , Da, Bak
3. we have to read 2 times your posts to understand

sorry for hurting but next time please take care :)

Reaction score
oh...sorry guyx i wrote it informalyy bt i thing u cn get da point.i am not writing to principal dat i shud be so FORMAL :p

Reaction score
guys dont start fighting now :p
this issue is at peak now a days and thanks to hassam who made his effort to clarify this point and make new confirmation thread :)

firstly ,
most of the people were thinking that these percentage uniform marks are your original percentage but this is not true :)
the percentages mentioned on your satement of result are not your Orignal percentages scored in papers
these are percentages based upon a threshold level set by the PERCINTILE

secondly ,
most of the people were thinking that percentile system has abolished and percentage system has started
but this is not true as percentile can never ever be abolished from cambridge

lastly,
A is stil on 90 th percentile so the value of A is still the same

A * is made by this procedure i have mentioned below

let's suppose for a certain subject
if A is at 82 %
and B is at 76 %

so first find the differnce in A and B
(i.e) 82 % - 76 % = 6 %

Now add 6 % to the A grade

A* = 82 % + 6 %

soo for that subject A* would be at 88 %

Reaction score
SAUD ASLAM thanks for the contribution
it would be really helpfull :)

Reaction score
This file from the cie will clear all confusions about the A*.

Attachments

• A guide to additional results reporting June 2010.pdf
    329.3 KB · Views: 24
Reaction score
PLZ PLZ PLZ........ tell me about what the hell is Percentage uniform marks and. is percentile system abolished?????.... HELP NEEDED

Reaction score
bt i have been told again and again by my teacher that nw marks are given according to exact percentages/.... is Uniform % marks PERCENTILE?

Reaction score
bt i have been told again and again by my teacher that nw marks are given according to exact percentages/.... is Uniform % marks PERCENTILE?

Reaction score
The teachers too are confused more than ever. CIE hasnt explained anything yet. And no threshholds have been sent until yet. So every teacher is making his/her own assumptions. I believe the percentile system is still there with the name unifor percentage mark.
Just read the above given brochure. They say that if a person get 100 UPS that doesnt mean he got full marks. That means percentile is still there.

Reaction score
i noe im way to late..buh i guess this is the doc hassam is tawking bout!

Attachments

• CIE grading standards - FAQs[1].pdf
    27.8 KB · Views: 5
Reaction score
xarak said:
i noe im way to late..buh i guess this is the doc hassam is tawking bout!

Saud Aslam had already shared that file
see the previous page :)