• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Results May/June 2014

Reaction score
So what u mean to say is .. It's just the admission test that counts the most ..
I dint get the o level part .. Please explain :)
And what do U mean be exceptionally well ... Like above how much water shall one be ?
Thanks
Yes, the entry test counts the most. You need to do really good in it.
The entry test is of 200 marks, lets say you want to go for civil engineering. You need an aggregate of around 70% (75% entry test, 25% olvl equiv).
If your O level equivalence is around 80%, you need around 130-135/200 or more in the NET.
And once you get provisional acceptance and complete all formalities, once A level results come out you need to have equivalence made and show it to NUST. If its above 60% or 65%, you are set to go. Even if one has BCD/CCC in A level and around 75-80% in O level, the A level equivalence will be close to 70%.

I'm not sure about SAT scores, but generally 2200+.

Reaction score
The entry test is of 200 marks, lets say you want to go for civil engineering. You need an aggregate of around 70% (75% entry test, 25% olvl equiv).
If your O level equivalence is around 80%, you need around 130-135/200 or more in the NET.
And once you get provisional acceptance and complete all formalities, once A level results come out you need to have equivalence made and show it to NUST. If its above 60% or 65%, you are set to go. Even if one has BCD/CCC in A level and around 75-80% in O level, the A level equivalence will be close to 70%.

Oh well, thank youu soo much for the info .. Well appreciated :)
Just wanted to know that every field has a different aggregate .. Or is it the same for all ?
And the equivalence of A levels should be above 60-65% ?
The equivalence should be made by the combination of the test, o levels, and A levels .. Right?
Thank you once again :)

Reaction score

well about the admission test and SAT part,isnt it ,that if some1 gets 2000+ or more his admission test gets exempted on the basis of SAT result? or do v hav to give the admission test anyhow?

Reaction score
Well tbh i got 3 C's in maths,chem nd phy (AS) ,i never ever expected to get such a result.i was a bright student till last year,got 5A*'s nd an A in O levels last year. I m completely traumatized since yesterday,dont really know how to handle myself,like some1 else said in this thread dat if suicide wasnt haraam in Islam i wud b dead by now :cry:. i never intended to disappoint my parents,they r really upset nd worried frm my side now,i wont b able to get into any well known uni :( ,the least requirement is 2B nd a C in most unis.m completely broken frm the inside. My sis was nd is an excellent student,got excellence awards in O lev,AS nd A2 all over saudia and is now doing her 2nd year in LUMS, i wanted to either go to NUST or LUMS for engineering but unfortunately :unsure:,i saw the threshold nd believe i did way better then to get a C but i cant risk my parents hard earned money for rechecking. dont really know wat to do now,cant stop crying wich is useless indeed.
Be strong darling. I even got a D in physics last year and I made it a A
Dont loose hope, believe :)

Reaction score
Oh well, thank youu soo much for the info .. Well appreciated :)
Just wanted to know that every field has a different aggregate .. Or is it the same for all ?
And the equivalence of A levels should be above 60-65% ?
The equivalence should be made by the combination of the test, o levels, and A levels .. Right?
Thank you once again :)
Yes every field has a different closing aggregate and it varies each year depending on how well candidates do/how many apply etc.
A merit list is prepared and the person with highest aggregate is no. 1, following are people of lower merit. Say you are on merit position 500.
First merit list might close on 300, second on 650 etc, as not all selected candidates block their seats, maybe going else where, etc.
There are FB pages "NUST Guideline", "Nust Entry Tests NET" etc they guide you well.
Fields such as C.S, software eng, computer eng, geo informatics, materials eng, manufacturing engineering etc close at much lower merit than electrical and mechenical.
Civil and Chemical are comparatively easier to get into than the top merit programs like electrical, mechanical,etc.

I applied for Business Administration at Nust Business School and got selected (in 2nd list) with an aggregate of 66.75% (392nd on merit list).. Last year 576 was the last position selected for this program. I'm not much conversant with engineering fields though.

First you get your O level equivalence made, do it right now. If you have a B average in 8 subjects, it comes to 75%, 85% for A average.
When applying for the NET (there's 3 nust entry tests you can take all 3 if you like and the best score will be considered, just like the SAT. First one in December, second in April, third in July.) you have to enter your O level equivalence marks.
Your admission will be on the basis of your NET marks and your O level equivalence (25%).

Once you are done with A level and get your certificates, you will apply for A level equivalence. You just need above 60/65% for securing your provisional admission.
Check the admission details on nust.edu.pk-----> undergraduate admissions. Its very helpful.

Also, MBBS/BDS at AMC (NUST) is very hard to get into. There are very limited seats for civilians, and admission decisions are made on both O/A level equivalence and the NET.
You need very good O/A level equivalences, and like 170/200 in the entry test.
Last year's closing merit for MBBS was around 86-88%.

The aggregate you have is for Nust, and the O/A level equivalence certificates are issued by HEC, not Nust.

Last edited:
Reaction score
well about the admission test and SAT part,isnt it ,that if some1 gets 2000+ or more his admission test gets exempted on the basis of SAT result? or do v hav to give the admission test anyhow?
You can apply on the basis of the nust entry test, or the SAT. Or you can apply with both, your NET score, and your SAT.
If you apply with both the SAT and NET, you have more chances of being selected if you do exceptionally well in any one of it.
Applying with the SAT alone, you wouldn't need the NET but you will require a very high score to stand a chance.

Reaction score
You can apply on the basis of the nust entry test, or the SAT. Or you can apply with both, your NET score, and your SAT.
If you apply with both the SAT and NET, you have more chances of being selected if you do exceptionally well in any one of it.
Applying with the SAT alone, you wouldn't need the NET but you will require a very high score to stand a chance.
Well the problem is,m living in Sauia and going to Pak for attempting the NET isn't easy in the middle of the year,my O'lev equivalence is 90% ,I need to work hard in SAT and A2 now,hav lost hope of getting any more then a C in A'lev overall :(

Reaction score
Well the problem is,m living in Sauia and going to Pak for attempting the NET isn't easy in the middle of the year,my O'lev equivalence is 90% ,I need to work hard in SAT and A2 now,hav lost hope of getting any more then a C in A'lev overall :(
There's 3 NETs, try to go for any 1.
NET1 is in December.
NET2 in April.
NET3 in June/July.

90% in O level is awesome, your equivalence with even BBC/BCC or similar grades in AL will be decent.
Otherwise just do the SAT really well as you need well over 2000.

Reaction score
Plus my teacher is shocked as well I got As in both mocks and premocks
same is the case wid me,my teachers are shocked as well, i was amongst the students they believed wud get A's but I really don't know how I ended up wid C's :(,saw the threshold and still believe I wud hav gotten B's atleast. I messaged my maths sir,he said in clear words ''don't apply for a recheck' ,idk why ,he will talk in detail wid me on Saturday.

Reaction score
There's 3 NETs, try to go for any 1.
NET1 is in December.
NET2 in April.
NET3 in June/July.

90% in O level is awesome, your equivalence with even BBC/BCC or similar grades in AL will be decent.
Otherwise just do the SAT really well as you need well over 2000.
June/july will b suitable. well yeh I'd try my best to make any 1 or 2 C's of mine to B's in AL by the help of Allah. and SAT is till now hard for me cuz it includes chaps frm A2 as well. Anyways ,really thankful to u for such info :)

Reaction score
Hi guys.So i got
Econ-C
Business Studies-C
Genral Studies-B
History-C
Do u think i can get into a good uni in australia?
General studies? Is it General paper?
Would you be applying for the winter session? Not sure, but check the entry requirements on their websites for the program of your choice.
If you will be applying for next fall, try retaking some subjects and improving grades.

You might just be able to get in with these grades, but I'm not sure, don't have any idea about Australian unis.