• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Retake or recheck?

Reaction score
So I got a pretty bad result and I want to change my grade in some of them. AABBE. I got two B's in world history (which I'm satisfied with) and accounts. I can't understand how I got a B in accounts since I was the top student in my class and I just attempted the MJ paper again and easily scored a 108 on 120 when the A is at 93! It's just not possible. My accounts teacher is sending my paper for a recheck himself and he's saying if the grade doesn't change then I'll retake it in may/june with my A2 papers. As for the E, it's in english language and I got an A all year round in that too so an E is too low! There isn't a single A in my school and A LOT of people got D's and E's I'm thinking of sending that for a recheck or at least retake it in november, but most people are saying that language is pretty much useless. What should I do?

Reaction score
Why dont u do both?
I mean first re check and if there is no change then retake the exam..try everything u can.. after all u have nothing to loose.

Reaction score
Why dont u do both?
I mean first re check and if there is no change then retake the exam..try everything u can.. after all u have nothing to loose.
If I give language in June again, I'll be risking my other subjects and I'm not doing that again. I got 6 A*'s 3 A's in my Olevels and was really disappointed because I worked my butt off.

Reaction score
I think your result is a really good one and i'd say ignore the subject because ur result is really good and if u think taking the language exam again in June risks your other subjects then better recheck 1st.

Reaction score
The E ruined my whole transcript. I'll send it for a recheck, but by how much will the grade rise? Certainly not an A, which was the grade I was expecting. Hopefully accounts will turn into an A.

Reaction score
The E ruined my whole transcript. I'll send it for a recheck, but by how much will the grade rise? Certainly not an A, which was the grade I was expecting. Hopefully accounts will turn into an A.
Ya ur totally right..If the grade changes it might change into a C or a D and that's certainly what u don't want.

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
No, English Language is not useless at all. Give it for rechecking.
I don't get how students think that rechecking is useless. Why do we have this option in the first place if it's of no use!

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
No, English Language is not useless at all. Give it for rechecking.
I don't get how students think that rechecking is useless. Why do we have this option in the first place if it's of no use!
AsSalamoAlaikum Wr wb....

probably cuz they think, it's just waste of money...that's what happened with me...I, being top in the class...and teacher expecting a confirm A* from me...got B...not even A...
khair..its over....alhumdulilah.....

Nibz

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
AsSalamoAlaikum Wr wb....

probably cuz they think, it's just waste of money...that's what happened with me...I, being top in the class...and teacher expecting a confirm A* from me...got B...not even A...
khair..its over....alhumdulilah.....
Don't call it a waste of money; It's money in the right place.
Did your grade not improve after rechecking?

His scenario is totally different. Here we are talking about a grade-drop from A to E.

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Don't call it a waste of money. It's money in the right place.
Did your grade not improve after rechecking?

His scenario is totally different. Here we are talking about a grade-drop from A to E.
Ofcourse it didn't. [The reason why I mentioned..]

Yup, that could be the case.

Reaction score
Definitely a recheck for both. I'm opting for the really comprehensive one in which I'll even get a photocopy of my transcript. Just hoping for the best now.

Reaction score
Yeah don't even worry about the money thing. They'll give it back if your grade changes (and judging from your confidence, it probably will).

Reaction score
You get an E in english language if you leave half of the paper, which I most certainly did not do. InshAllah, my grade will change. It's worth a shot, my soul won't rest until I know where I went wrong.

Reaction score
Your grammar seems perfectly fine, Definitely not an "E" standard! Is your spelling good too? if yes, then send your English language paper for a recheck

Reaction score
I got an A* in my Olevels and want to pursue investigative journalism. I am the last person who's gonna make spelling mistakes!

Reaction score
Hello, everyone.

Is rechecking actually worth a shot? I mean, do the grades actually change? What are the chances? And if one is convinced that he did better than what he got, should he go for it? Also, what are the charges per subject and do they refund the fee if your grade changes?

Thank you so much!

Reaction score
kindly tell me one thing, if i want to retake my as level bio physics and maths exam, then do i have the choice to repeat only the papers which i desire like in physics i want to appear for as structured question paper only, in maths m1 only, in bio structured questions only. so it possible or do i have to repeat all the papers if i decide to have a retake? thanks

Reaction score
Hello, everyone.

Is rechecking actually worth a shot? I mean, do the grades actually change? What are the chances? And if one is convinced that he did better than what he got, should he go for it? Also, what are the charges per subject and do they refund the fee if your grade changes?

Thank you so much!
Yes there's a refund if your grade changes. I don't know about the charges, my school's paying for it.
kindly tell me one thing, if i want to retake my as level bio physics and maths exam, then do i have the choice to repeat only the papers which i desire like in physics i want to appear for as structured question paper only, in maths m1 only, in bio structured questions only. so it possible or do i have to repeat all the papers if i decide to have a retake? thanks
No you have to give everything again.