• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Retake or recheck?

Reaction score
See mate, I'm pretty much in the same soup as you.
Where in English I got an A THROUGHOUT the year, my grade in the final was a D. A god forsaken D!! I got an A*(97) in my IGCSE'S. This was a little too shocking.

Although my other grades were AAA, I expected them to be in the 90+ range whilst they're all in the 80-90 range. I have no clue what's up at CIE!

AND, do not consider Language as useless if you're planning to go abroad. An A is a must.
So I got a pretty bad result and I want to change my grade in some of them. AABBE. I got two B's in world history (which I'm satisfied with) and accounts. I can't understand how I got a B in accounts since I was the top student in my class and I just attempted the MJ paper again and easily scored a 108 on 120 when the A is at 93! It's just not possible. My accounts teacher is sending my paper for a recheck himself and he's saying if the grade doesn't change then I'll retake it in may/june with my A2 papers. As for the E, it's in english language and I got an A all year round in that too so an E is too low! There isn't a single A in my school and A LOT of people got D's and E's I'm thinking of sending that for a recheck or at least retake it in november, but most people are saying that language is pretty much useless. What should I do?

Reaction score
salam guys yaro mai further maths ka paper dia and i got C mai ne paper dobara dobara check kia hai an i am getting B AT ABOUT 150-160 marks where as B STARTS from 134 for 2012 june .should i go for a re-check or not.i cant give the paper again .i have completed my a levels

Reaction score
See mate, I'm pretty much in the same soup as you.
Where in English I got an A THROUGHOUT the year, my grade in the final was a D. A god forsaken D!! I got an A*(97) in my IGCSE'S. This was a little too shocking.

Although my other grades were AAA, I expected them to be in the 90+ range whilst they're all in the 80-90 range. I have no clue what's up at CIE!

AND, do not consider Language as useless if you're planning to go abroad. An A is a must.
Considering a recheck? My school's said most of thepapers for a recheck

Reaction score
its funny how everyone is applying for a recheck..good good ppl dont give these examiners a break from marking. let them mark our papers again till they give us the fair mark haha ! ;)