• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Revision for bio paper 1

Reaction score
Great thing Tina :D Thanks for opening this separate thread :')

Which paper do you have for Bio practical? 33 or 34? If 34 then we can discuss it :D

Reaction score
Hi.I have a difficulty in qs 22 in may june 2009 paper.
I found it hard to choose between c and d.

Reaction score
look C is the correct choice because in D suddenly alll traces of the previous nitrogen are gone totally but according to the semi-conservative theory thingy all part of the first DNA will be contributed to the daughter DNA too.... so even if it has a little trace of the N15 they will be passed on even if it is just the most minimal amount.... so the graph wil not touch the x axis i think bcz there will always b a tiniest of atom or molecule or a teeeny tiny fraction of the N15 left in there.

Reaction score

look C is the correct choice because in D suddenly alll traces of the previous nitrogen are gone totally but according to the semi-conservative theory thingy all part of the first DNA will be contributed to the daughter DNA too.... so even if it has a little trace of the N15 they will be passed on even if it is just the most minimal amount.... so the graph wil not touch the x axis i think bcz there will always b a tiniest of atom or molecule or a teeeny tiny fraction of the N15 left in there.

It's C because the % of DNA left after five generations is 1/32%. That's 3.125.
Or you can do measurements to check:
70uo3d.jpg

Reaction score
Do you know how to do qs 18 and 31 qs in 01/ oct/nov 2008 ?

Attachments

• 9700_w08_qp_1.pdf
    197.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 9700_w08_qp_1.pdf
    197.5 KB · Views: 6
Reaction score
Do you know how to do qs 18 and 31 qs in 01/ oct/nov 2008 ?
18. Substance X replaces chromosome telomeres which promote DNA replication. Normally, telomeres are not completely replaced during mitosis. Abnormally, substance X is added & it replaces telomeres. That means DNA replication is promoted. DNA replication will cause continual cell division. Substance X is not completely replaced; after each division, it becomes less and less and finally isn't there at all. That means DNA replication becomes less and less, and eventually stops.

Reaction score
18. Substance X replaces chromosome telomeres which promote DNA replication. Normally, telomeres are not completely replaced during mitosis. Abnormally, substance X is added & it replaces telomeres. That means DNA replication is promoted. DNA replication will cause continual cell division. Substance X is not completely replaced; after each division, it becomes less and less and finally isn't there at all. That means DNA replication becomes less and less, and eventually stops.

Thanks.

Reaction score
An adult human has approximately 5dm3 of blood, which circulates about once a minute.
100 cm3 of atrial blood carries 19cm3 of oxygen. 100cm3 of venous blood carries 12.5 cm3 of oxygen.
what is the approximate volume in cm3 of oxygen taken up per minute in the lungs?