• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Rotational Symmetry...........

Reaction score
Can any one post notes on rotational symmetry.......
I am really weak in that!!!! Can any one help me with this topic especially with rotational symmetry order.......

Reaction score
u cee...rotational symetry means that when the object has turned 360 dgrees,,,how many times during its way it has looked just like the original one..
see..a rectangle. ok ...slowly keep rotating it till it has rotatd 90 dgrees...ok..like the longer part is now vertical..and the width, (the smaller par) is horizontal..so now is looking like original ..NO..ok..invert it more..another 90 dgrees..now it becoms like same before,,..ok..till now..the Order is 1..but its only 180 dgree rotation till now..rotate another 90 dgrees..it becomes upside down again..not same..so ratate more till its back to original position,,here,,it again looks same ofcourse so Order is 2..!

Reaction score
in all regular polygons..e.g square.equilateral triangle..regular pentagon e.t.c.. the Order is same as no. of sides..e.g in sqaure, the order will be 4.

Reaction score
i know this but me want help on how to find the order of any particular figure........... any tips?

Reaction score
i know this but me want help on how to find the order of any particular figure........... any tips?
no...if they give you a e.g square grid with randomly shaded boxes and ask to find the order..u'll have to do urself,,.no rules or methods.

Reaction score
no...if they give you a e.g square grid with randomly shaded boxes and ask to find the order..u'll have to do urself,,.no rules or methods.
this is the thing that i find most difficult in the paper ............ particularly the example you gave.....
can you tell me how u find the order in a particular quest of shaded boxes.........

Reaction score
its easy..rotate it slowly and u will be able to find it,.! or else u can rotate the line slowly and see the order

Reaction score
Post a question that relating to your problem , so we know what area you need guidance in...