• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

S1, how was it? My answers, please put yours to compare.

Reaction score
The mean, median, quartiles and the interquartile range will ALL decrease by 5 minutes
The standard deviation will stay the same.
I'm pretty sure of my answer.

How does IQR decrease :/ like say if q1 was 20 and q3 was 30 the IQR would be 10. Decrease Q1 and Q2 by 5 then IQR of 15 and 25 is still 10?

Reaction score
Also for Venn diagram question I did a circle in the middle for bus then three circles that overlap with middle circle but no each other I that makes sense? So the part time, full time and contractors were all mutually exclusive but they all overlapped with B.

Reaction score
The mean, median, quartiles and the interquartile range will ALL decrease by 5 minutes
Bro the interquartile range doesnt change Q3 and Q1 will BOTH decrease by five.. this will not affect the difference between them

Reaction score
Also for Venn diagram question I did a circle in the middle for bus then three circles that overlap with middle circle but no each other I that makes sense? So the part time, full time and contractors were all mutually exclusive but they all overlapped with B.
Yeah i did the same

Reaction score
lol why would the IQR change?! its the diffeerence between the upper and lower quartiles and remains constant unless your coding involves multiplication??

Reaction score
I have a question about the box plot... there were only 2 outliers right? Does anyone remember what the maximum and minimum values were? Were they just the numbers just above/below the outliers?
Also, for the "find the mean and standard deviation" question.... you had to alter the boundaries right??

Reaction score
That mean and median will decrease and sd will stay the same ;d dont know if its right
Is it necessary to say hw much each will decrease by? Coz i didn't? :/ How many marks do u think i may lose???

Reaction score
I have a question about the box plot... there were only 2 outliers right? Does anyone remember what the maximum and minimum values were? Were they just the numbers just above/below the outliers?
Also, for the "find the mean and standard deviation" question.... you had to alter the boundaries right??
RW=88.5(outlier 90), LW=i don't remember(bt i think 14 was an outlier). And yes, the boundaries were supposed to be changed by 0.5.

T19

Reaction score
IQR will stay the same because both Q1 AND Q3 decreased by 5