• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

SAT critical reading

Reaction score
guys i got 510 in my critical reading this time @ it was the only reason i failed giving my expected score.So can someone please post some comprehensions and tips which can help me get alteast a 600.i really wanted it.r there any online books so that i can prepare.Ps i did all the barrors and PR questions.how should i study to improve my scores?

Reaction score
guys i got 510 in my critical reading this time @ it was the only reason i failed giving my expected score.So can someone please post some comprehensions and tips which can help me get alteast a 600.i really wanted it.r there any online books so that i can prepare.Ps i did all the barrors and PR questions.how should i study to improve my scores?
I got a 590 in the recent November test....just did past papers and memorized a 1000 vocabulary word list from, majortests.com

Reaction score
Yeah, having good vocabulary really helps. If you understand the meanings of the difficult words and idioms, then honestly neither sentence completion nor the passages should be hard for you. I guarantee you your score will rise by at least 100 points if you enhance your vocabulary - I read most of the words on the 1000 SAT words and a good number of ones I encountered in College Board's blue book (from both passages and sentence completions). On top of that, when you solve questions make sure you understand why the answer is the answer, and why the other answers are wrong. When you look at the MCQs, ask yourself "does the passage imply this, or give any evidence that this MCQ is right", it might help. Buy College Board's Blue Book + CD if you haven't already. There are 18 tests with fully detailed explanations on right and wrong answers for every single question. Practice every single CR question on them properly and you should improve your CR skills greatly.

Hope this helped. :)