• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Scholarship in Foreign university

Reaction score
Hey,
Well I wanted to know about scholarship policy in universities in U.S, U.K and Canada. What are the requirements to be eligible for Scholarship?

Reaction score
In the United Kingdom, the average universities give away scholarship offers (first year entry) of about £1000-£15000 to international students when they get in. Average universities those who asks for a minimum of B or C grade in A-levels.
Higher universities like 'University of Birmingham' they give offers too but with very less chances. They 'might' give offers when you score 3A*s or 2A*s and an A. And even if they give,it will be maximum of around £1000-£2000.

They give away in first year just to attract applicants. So getting offers in the first year is not a tough task.

About Canada, as far as I know, they give you scholarship offers too after you receive a conditional offer. Requirements for that depends on the university. Most of them asks for a minimum of B-grade. I had 3-B's in my school mock report and I got a $2000 scholarship offer (per year) from University of Windsor.

Reaction score
Most good Universities in UK and Canada only offer partial scholarships for international students and they are very competitive to get. And even if you do get the scholarship, there are certain requirements that have to be met to maintain your scholarship. For example, you must have for 75% marks in your first year to carry on your scholarship to the second year. Moreover, the living costs in UK, US and Canada are quite steep which can be a real pain.

Regards,
EduGuides