• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Several questions about CIE examinations

Reaction score
Hello, everyone. I'm a Chinese student studying in an international school in China. Last year I was in an relatively poor one, where I took IGCSE exams and A-level Mathematics P1 and S1. I transferred to a better school this year. In my current school, I was asked to study P3 and S1. I have got my P1 and S1 grade, which is not bad, so theoretically I just need to take the P3 examination this year. But I don't know if it is OK to combine my exam results one from my old school(P1 and S1) and one from my current school (P3) and together they form my A-level Maths results, because I am very unfamiliar with the CIE system... Does anyone know if this is OK ?
Thanks a lot.

Reaction score
Look brother, there are a total of 4 components to be taken for Alevel mathematics
P1 and P3 are must, p1 is taken in as level and p3 in a2 level , you have to chose 2 more components to attach in both levels m1 s1 m2 s2, yoi hhave to chose 2 from these, you cant take s2 if you havent taken s1 so is the case with m1

mostly people do P1 and S1 in as and P3 and M1 in A2

now in your case as you have already taken p1 and s1 and you are satisfied with what you got
ask your school to send admission for p3 and m1/s2 whatever you want
You dont need a noc or anything hope it clears

ps s2

Reaction score
Look brother, there are a total of 4 components to be taken for Alevel mathematics
P1 and P3 are must, p1 is taken in as level and p3 in a2 level , you have to chose 2 more components to attach in both levels m1 s1 m2 s2, yoi hhave to chose 2 from these, you cant take s2 if you havent taken s1 so is the case with m1

mostly people do P1 and S1 in as and P3 and M1 in A2

now in your case as you have already taken p1 and s1 and you are satisfied with what you got
ask your school to send admission for p3 and m1/s2 whatever you want
You dont need a noc or anything hope it clears

ps s2

It is good to hear I don't need a NOC (no idea what it is), but I'm not sure if I need 4 components or 3. I will check the syllabus and talk to my teacher. Anyway, thank you very much.