• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Shaytan is Caged, Yet We Commit Sins..why is that?

Reaction score
We're committing sins in Ramadan, how? Isn't the Shaytan supposed to be caged?
Brothers and Sisters, Assalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu :)
This morning, a very faithful person had shared a video with me regarding the essence and purpose of Ramadan. I know a lot of threads had been posted on this topic, so I will not elaborate much on that..but what I want to talk about is the reason behind our sinful behavior, even in Ramadan..
We all know that, when Ramadan comes along, the Shayateen are caged. Basically, Allah (SWT) gives His slaves the opportunity to better themselves in the time limit of 29 to 30 days. I would like to start by mentioning one thing: that when we think of Ramadan, the first thing that should come to our minds isn't fasting, it should be the recitation and memorization of the Holy Qur'an. Because this is the month in which the Qur'an was revealed...Ustadh Nouman Ali Khan explains it beautifully in the video (the link is below)
When we fast in Ramadan, our body is in a war internally...your throat is begging you to drink, your tummy is begging you to supply it with food. But your heart says NO! Your heart says Yo Dude! It's not maghrib yet! So our heart is getting stronger, when the rest of the body is getting weaker...when the body is stronger than the heart, we commit sins.
And you know what role our body is playing all this time? The Nafs.
And it's the Nafs that we must keep under control.
In Ramadan, the only reason why the Shaytan is locked up is because Allah (SWT) wants to train us..this month is more like a training session for us, each day we fast, the war in our bodies happens, and each time, the heart succeeds...and over time, the heart is becoming stronger and stronger, so that after Ramadan, when the real battle begins, when the Shaytan is freed, we are able to fight him, and defeat him.
I made this short so that there is enough time for you to watch this video, it's long, yes, but please don't let the time limit discourage you..the first third of Ramadan passed by, and it's about time we all open our eyes and taste the real essence of Ramadan..because honestly speaking, this video really brought tears to my eyes..at the pitiful state i was in...so I strongly recommend that you watch it..alone or with the whole family..
^ that's the link..and for those of the brothers and sisters who live in Pakistan, where there's no YouTube; here's the vimeo link.
May Allah give us the strength enough to fight our Nafs and, more specifically, the Shaytan..
Please keep me in your prayers..may Allah preserve you all, and just as a side note, please keep Angel Nishi and Emma13 in your prayers...they really need our prayers at the moment..
Assalamu 'Alaykum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu..
Ramadan Kareem:D

Reaction score

tumblr_m8omvzCyq31rwcc6bo1_400.gif

Reaction score
Reaction score
Wooooooooow.....Masha allah :) nother wonderful thread by my cutey sistr <3 :) jazakAllah khair fr de tag sistr :) ws rele hlpful and knowledgable and of course ws rele impressive and insha allah will watch de video aftr ifthaar :) tnxs alot <3

Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing when I viewed this thread...that why do we commit sins in this month when Satan is caged...Awesome thread knowitall10 :) And thanks a lot for the taggy=)