• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Should I keep 5 A Level subjects?

Reaction score
As the title says, should I keep 5 subjects for A Levels or will ot be too much?
I want to choose Bio, Physics, Chemistry, Maths, and Further Mathematics. I actually don't have anu future plans yet, so I can't choose subjects according to requirement. So do you think it's difficult to manage this or is it possible?

Reaction score
As the title says, should I keep 5 subjects for A Levels or will ot be too much?
I want to choose Bio, Physics, Chemistry, Maths, and Further Mathematics. I actually don't have anu future plans yet, so I can't choose subjects according to requirement. So do you think it's difficult to manage this or is it possible?
Further Maths and Chemistry are two of the toughest A Level subjects. If you look at F.Maths thresholds, they are extremely high becaus it's only taken by those who are confident enough that they'll be able to ace it.
I think 5 subjects would be quite a burden but again it depends on your university choice. If you want to apply to big names then it might give you an edge given you get an outstanding result. If you plan on studying in Pakistan, 5 subjects would have absolutely no use at all.

Reaction score
Kindly see this video I made few months ago that answers your questions

Reaction score
I'd suggest dropping further maths unless you want to pursue a career in a rigidly maths oriented field like insurance banking, acturial sciences etc.
I suppose you're correct. Thanks a lot for helping me out :)
So I'll choose Bio, Maths, Chem, Physics only, as your video says that it's the best combination.
Also, can you tell me that I should go for the Hodder or the Cambridge published books, and are revision guides helpful (or needed) along the coursebooks?

Reaction score
I suppose you're correct. Thanks a lot for helping me out :)
So I'll choose Bio, Maths, Chem, Physics only, as your video says that it's the best combination.
Also, can you tell me that I should go for the Hodder or the Cambridge published books, and are revision guides helpful (or needed) along the coursebooks?
I'm always here to help! :)
Absolutely. That'll be a great combination. It won't really matter what advanced subject you take at this level because in university, they teach you everything from scratch. It's assumed you know nothing about the major.

Cambridge books, all the way. Yes revision guides are really helpful as well.
Plus I would highly highly recommend Youtube-ing every subject topics. Trust me, there's no better teacher than that. Head over there now, search for A Level subject lectures and look at couple of them and choose the teacher that you like the most. You won't need to hire a tutor or go to an academy. The content is amazing and it's free!

Reaction score
Th
I'm always here to help! :)
Absolutely. That'll be a great combination. It won't really matter what advanced subject you take at this level because in university, they teach you everything from scratch. It's assumed you know nothing about the major.

Cambridge books, all the way. Yes revision guides are really helpful as well.
Plus I would highly highly recommend Youtube-ing every subject topics. Trust me, there's no better teacher than that. Head over there now, search for A Level subject lectures and look at couple of them and choose the teacher that you like the most. You won't need to hire a tutor or go to an academy. The content is amazing and it's free!
Thanks again!! I was deciding to start studying from these vacations, and I think YouTube can help me in understanding the concepts :)