• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Silly mistakes in cie

Reaction score
i am doing some really silly mistakes in these cies.
today, in english composition, section 2, there were topics to write different kinds of creative stuff from, i chose topic 4, which was narrative. if anyone remembers from todays exam.anyways, in answer sheet instead of mentioning 4 in the question column i wrote 6, don't ask me why, i chose to write on topic 6 first but i changed my mind and i forgot to cut out the 6 from that column.
All i want to ask is that, what the heck are the examiners going to do now with my paper like if anyone has experienced that or has any idea, how much marks are going to be deducted for that. :/

Reaction score
today, in english composition, section 2, there were topics to write different kinds of creative stuff from, i chose topic 4, which was narrative. if anyone remembers from todays exam.anyways, in answer sheet instead of mentioning 4 in the question column i wrote 6, don't ask me why, i chose to write on topic 6 first but i changed my mind and i forgot to cut out the 6 from that column.
All i want to ask is that, what the heck are the examiners going to do now with my paper like if anyone has experienced that or has any idea, how much marks are going to be deducted for that. :/

Omg. I think i did that too now :(

Reaction score
I chose to write on topic 4 i think, but wrote on topic 6. Now maybe i wrote ''Topic #4'' on the top.

I wasn't aware of this, but reading your post makes me think i wrote Topic 4 :/

Reaction score
I chose to write on topic 4 i think, but wrote on topic 6. Now maybe i wrote ''Topic #4'' on the top.

I wasn't aware of this, but reading your post makes me think i wrote Topic 4 :/
do you have any idea how much marks will be deducted. you remember that topic 4 had some sentence in inverted commas. i included that but in the end of the story. i guess that won't make a difference.

Reaction score
darn. O. i always got an A* in english composition. wasn't ready for a O.
i want to kill my self, literally.

I don't know if they will give a zero.
But it'll be either of the two extremes. There is no middle ground here, like they would cut one or two marks, because their are no MARKS for writing the correct topic number. There are marks for language and stuff.

Either they will read TOPIC 6 written, and will see that you have written a completely irrelevant passage, and give a zero.

OR, they will ignore it, and realize that you made a mistake or something, and mark it has TOPIC 4 instead.

Depends on their marking policy, which i am not that aware of.

Reaction score
I don't know if they will give a zero.
But it'll be either of the two extremes. There is no middle ground here, like they would cut one or two marks, because their are no MARKS for writing the correct topic number. There are marks for language and stuff.

Either they will read TOPIC 6 written, and will see that you have written a completely irrelevant passage, and give a zero.

OR, they will ignore it, and realize that you made a mistake or something, and mark it has TOPIC 4 instead.

Depends on their marking policy, which i am not that aware of.
i know, i am confused too. apparently no one has ever made a mistake like this i bet except for me -.- i can just pray to Allah now.

Reaction score

If the two topics were very different, the examiner will probably understand and I suppose you wont lose all your marks. Although much depends on the examiner, I think they'd cut a mark or two.
The thing is you've made a mistake. Forget it. And learn from it. Donot repeat it, nor let it affect your other papers. That is the trait of successful people.
Good luck. :)

Reaction score
Bro this is english, i know and yes you made a terrible mistake but last year a friend of mine, in islamiyat answered two questions on different answer spaces and got a U in that component..... maybe it's different with english.... you can now only pray...........(y)

Reaction score
Omg. I think i did that too now :(
u make mistakes in every paper:confused: .......i think u are tensed up dont here are some tips
1.Relax
2.shower before going to the exam
3.Don't wake at nights during exams like me you will have sore eyes headache and make silly mistakes
I did once in my pak stud paper i wrote the wrong center number and did a lot of cutting just because i was tensed so relax man!

Reaction score
If the two topics were very different, the examiner will probably understand and I suppose you wont lose all your marks. Although much depends on the examiner, I think they'd cut a mark or two.
The thing is you've made a mistake. Forget it. And learn from it. Donot repeat it, nor let it affect your other papers. That is the trait of successful people.
Good luck. :)
thankyou so much!
you are indeed very right! and yes the topics were completely different.

Reaction score
Bro this is english, i know and yes you made a terrible mistake but last year a friend of mine, in islamiyat answered two questions on different answer spaces and got a U in that component..... maybe it's different with english.... you can now only pray...........(y)
i am pretty sure that it won't drag me down to a U :confused: inshallah.
i am hoping for the best.

Reaction score
No i don't think it will be that serious. If you wrote topic 6 but then decided to write on topic 4 without changing the topic mentioned, then the examiner will see the line ,' My father's look...' and will realize that you did the error. Also if you did the converse, the examiner won't find this line, and will instead find the 'wooden box'
So yeah the examiners are sensible enough, and there is nothing to worry about