• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Solving Biology P1 Doubts Now :)

Reaction score
Relatively easy paper guys, and my second last exam :D
Post your doubts and I'll try to answer :)

r97

Reaction score
yes ,true!!i can't say it is a very easy apaer but it is not hard at the same time!!:) btw,when are you taking your test??

Reaction score
Hey , does the Mark Scheme sometimes have mistakes Cuz I've found that sometimes there are answers which seems to be wrong ??????

Reaction score
^ yes i've found some too. i keep facing questions regarding centrifugation and protein stuctures related to enzymes. i don't think it's in our syllabus but i'll give you the question numbers. if someone could please explain it briefly :)

9700/12/O/N/10 question no. 12 and 21
9700/11/M/J/10 question no. 22
9700/11/O/N/09 question no. 13
9700/01/M/J/09 question no. 22 and 28
9700/01/M/J/08 question no. 5

Reaction score
what did u put for the eye one?? was it the pupil becomes smaller?

Reaction score
Hey , does the Mark Scheme sometimes have mistakes Cuz I've found that sometimes there are answers which seems to be wrong ??????
The mark scheme has A LOT of errors. Some are pretty stupid- the others are confusing. This is true for all subjects. Just go along with what you know provided it is backed up by the reference book you use. But just to be on the safer side, try to consider the ms answer. and in these situations, always tally your answer with friends :)
I know the exams over but this is for future reference also :)

Reaction score
what did u put for the eye one?? was it the pupil becomes smaller?
It was either C or A. I put C, because I remembered reading that somewhere. But theres a very good chance it can be A because the lens adjusts its self according to the distance. What about you?

Reaction score
^ yes i've found some too. i keep facing questions regarding centrifugation and protein stuctures related to enzymes. i don't think it's in our syllabus but i'll give you the question numbers. if someone could please explain it briefly :)

9700/12/O/N/10 question no. 12 and 21
9700/11/M/J/10 question no. 22
9700/11/O/N/09 question no. 13
9700/01/M/J/09 question no. 22 and 28
9700/01/M/J/08 question no. 5
Are you done or do yoou still need help? :)