• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Solving Chemistry Doubts Now :)

Reaction score
I wanna know the equations for chemical equations, what they are, how to use, and when to use!! :D would be rly grateful :D

Reaction score
GOT A QUESTION! COULD YOU EXPLAIN TO ME IONIC EQUATIONS IN ELECTROLYSIS??!!

Reaction score
Finally someone posting about ending of IG!
Yes, unofficial end! Are you writing your P1's after 2 weeks too?
Yess. YOu know i was swearing so much because they gave us a twelve day break for P1 >.<
But I'm over the moon because they;ll end tomm :D :D :D

Reaction score
I wanna know the equations for chemical equations, what they are, how to use, and when to use!! :D would be rly grateful :D
chemical equations form the basis of Chem. they basically sum up what happened in the whole reactions using only symbols. In the paper you are usually asked to write an equation but if its a question with high marks its always good to include an equation. two tips- ALWAYS check whether they want word eq or symbolic eq and ALWAYS BALANCE YOUR EQUATION.
I hope I've answered your question, if not feel free to ask again :p :D
Best of luck!

Reaction score
Ionic equations in electrolysis sum up what happened at each electrode. So you have to show the loss and gain of electrons that takes place to give a specific product. The link snoonono gave may help :)
GOod Luck!!

Reaction score
Ionic equations in electrolysis sum up what happened at each electrode. So you have to show the loss and gain of electrons that takes place to give a specific product. The link snoonono gave may help :)
GOod Luck!!
he he ur welcome :p , and good luck to u 2 :D

Reaction score
catalytic converter/
Catalytic converter is used to purify vehicular exhaust. It uses a platinum rhodium catalyst which is in the form of a honeycombed surface to increase surface area. It helps to finish the combustion of hydrocarbons. CO+O2 -> CO2. And hold on, theres probably more- I'll get my notes :)

Reaction score
Catalytic converter is used to purify vehicular exhaust. It uses a platinum rhodium catalyst which is in the form of a honeycombed surface to increase surface area. It helps to finish the combustion of hydrocarbons. CO+O2 -> CO2. And hold on, theres probably more- I'll get my notes :)
Reactions in the converter
2CO+O2=2CO2
2NO+2CO= N2+2CO2
2NO=N2+O2
Hydrocarbon+ O2= CO2 + H2O

:D Hope this helps!!

Reaction score
one thing u need to remember :
always reduction at cathode and oxidation at anode
so wen thy ask for equation at cathode u write the ion + no. of electrons gained to give u the normal state
anode u write the normal -----> ion + electrons
wat i mean by normal is lyk for copper its Cu while an ion is Cu 2+

Reaction score
(a) The element germanium has a diamond-type structure. Describe the structure of
germanium. A diagram is acceptable.
guys how do we solve such questions... can some1 add a photo of the way of solving????

Reaction score
(a) The element germanium has a diamond-type structure. Describe the structure of
germanium. A diagram is acceptable.
guys how do we solve such questions... can some1 add a photo of the way of solving????
Draw the structure of Diamond but replace carbon with Germanium.
Each carbon is bonded to 4 other carbon in a tetrahedral shape to form diamond.
In this structure, each germanium will be bonded to 4 other germanium. Check ms and let me know the correct ans

Reaction score
Draw the structure of Diamond but replace carbon with Germanium.
Each carbon is bonded to 4 other carbon in a tetrahedral shape to form diamond.
In this structure, each germanium will be bonded to 4 other germanium. Check ms and let me know the correct ans
thxxxxxxxxxxx, its correct :D but if we just draw is thata full mark for the whole question? or do we need to write each Gr atom is bounded by 4 others?