• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Some Queries about English

Reaction score
I read some texts from newspapers and the internet. To ace your english paper, you have to use correct grammar and tenses. They dont expect you to use complex vocabulary, and at the same time you should not use vocabulary that a 4th grader might use. What this means is that you should use good words that fit in the sentence instead of just dumping any good word you can think of. Never mix your past, present and future tenses. Sometimes you mix your tenses without even knowing it. As for the informal letter, just follow the format. You should use a friendly tone as compared to the serious tone used in formal letters. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. :)
Can u tell me what to do with english paper 2....I am very weak in comprehension.I had done some past papers but not getting high marks(even not getting 35 above marks)....Tell me what can i do ?

Reaction score
Do we have to write word count at end of compositions and summary? Does the box given under the summary for word count have to be filled? And can I write places in my writing like Anarkali etc.?

Anarkali isn't a place however, but local words are strongly encouraged in O levels as it gives the sense of fimiliarity. If you see examiner report, they deslike the people writing about britain and other places they never went or seen. Yes the local area names, people names and other local words (esp in the form of dialogue) can be written.

Reaction score
Do we have to write word count at end of compositions and summary? Does the box given under the summary for word count have to be filled? And can I write places in my writing like Anarkali etc.?
At the end of summaries you have to write it in the box. Its not necessary at the end of compositions, but you may write it if you wish.