• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Statistics doubts please help me!!!

Reaction score
(ii) Another set consists of 6 plastic mugs each of a different design and 3 china mugs each of a
different design. Find in how many ways these 9 mugs can be arranged in a row if the china
mugs are all separated from each other. [3]
(

Reaction score
Six men and three women are standing in a supermarket queue.
(i) How many possible arrangements are there if there are no restrictions on order? [2]
(ii) How many possible arrangements are there if no two of the women are standing next to each
other? [4]

Reaction score
A box contains five balls numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. Three balls are drawn randomly at the same time
from the box.
(i) By listing all possible outcomes (123, 124, etc.), find the probability that the sum of the three
numbers drawn is an odd number. [2]
The random variable L denotes the largest of the three numbers drawn.
(ii) Find the probability that L is 4. [1]
(iii) Draw up a table to show the probability distribution of L. [3]
(iv) Calculate the expectation and variance of L.

Reaction score
Box A contains 5 red paper clips and 1 white paper clip. Box B contains 7 red paper clips and 2 white
paper clips. One paper clip is taken at random from box A and transferred to box B. One paper clip
is then taken at random from box B.
(i) Find the probability of taking both a white paper clip from box A and a red paper clip from box B.
[2]
(ii) Find the probability that the paper clip taken from box B is red. [2]
(iii) Find the probability that the paper clip taken from box A was red, given that the paper clip taken
from box B is red. [2]
(iv) The random variable X denotes the number of times that a red paper clip is taken. Draw up a
table to show the probability distribution of X. [4]

Reaction score
The times for a certain car journey have a normal distribution with mean 100 minutes and standard
deviation 7 minutes. Journey times are classified as follows:
‘short’ (the shortest 33% of times),
‘long’ (the longest 33% of times),
‘standard’ (the remaining 34% of times).
(i) Find the probability that a randomly chosen car journey takes between 85 and 100 minutes. [3]
(ii) Find the least and greatest times for ‘standard’ journeys.

Reaction score
(a) Find how many numbers between 5000 and 6000 can be formed from the digits 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
(i) if no digits are repeated, [2]
(ii) if repeated digits are allowed.

Reaction score
Six men and three women are standing in a supermarket queue.
(i) How many possible arrangements are there if there are no restrictions on order? [2]
(ii) How many possible arrangements are there if no two of the women are standing next to each
other? [4]

(I) 9!

(ii) 6! x 7x6x5

Reaction score
p 62,half easy half difficult,q5 to 7 were easy but first 4 were hell
still done all except 1 which is mine wrong.1 mark in 1 for me.I.A will get 40 i think

Reaction score
p 62,half easy half difficult,q5 to 7 were easy but first 4 were hell
still done all except 1 which is mine wrong.1 mark in 1 for me.I.A will get 40 i t hink
only question of probability was difficult first 2 were easy permutaion were easy

Reaction score
Overall, 62 was rather easy. Could have been much more difficult.