• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Stats or Mech?

Reaction score
Hi I am an AS student now,and I will be studying Chemical engineering in the future.
But am really confused right now.Should I take Mechanical math or Satistics math?
P.S I am dropping Physics for some reasons plus it's not very important for Chem eng as Chemistry and Math is the biggest deal here.
Pls help?

huh

Reaction score
Hey there, I just finished my AS level exam and I'm now in A level. Since you're doing chemical engineering, I recommend you doing Mechanics since it is helpful for any type of engineering, and it would be crucial at university level. You can even take a look at the past papers for both, Statistics is kind of about probability and data while Mechanics is very much related to Physics. M1 is not very difficult and if you find M2 hard, you can do S1 instead. But since you are planning to do Chem. Eng. then go for Mechanics.