• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Stats Paper Discussion

Reaction score
yar i also used 99 for the interquartile range and got 32....

yar what were the marks for this part?? and the part that asked the reason as to why the interquartile range would remain same?

Reaction score
by likosp » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:58 am
what were ur answers 4 interquartile range I GOT 31 USING 99??
likosp

yar i got 30 ya 31 tha i dont remember

@kumar above 60 ka mid point kia tha

Reaction score
vishal kumar said:
yar in question 10 what did we have to do in the part that asked to find the mean and standard deviation of the travelling expenses after finding the mean and standard deviation of the values of X ??
i think v were suppose to use da mispoints... i ddnt attmpt it...

Reaction score
vishal kumar said:
yar i also used 99 for the interquartile range and got 32....

yar what were the marks for this part?? and the part that asked the reason as to why the interquartile range would remain same?
i thnk frst part was 3 marks and second 2 marks or vice versa.....

Reaction score
Saad Qadir said:
Guys How difficult did ya find da paper??
Wat abut Q5 and 6...
I think i got both of em wrong
one of the curves was supposed to be symmetrical so that the mean mode and median would be equal......:p

Reaction score
likosp said:
fahadzaidi12 said:
yar i took 99 but i think its wrong .....i calculated both 88 n 99 the answers were different but i stayed with 99

I :cry: M WRONG
Dude ur right qstn mai likha tha to find THIS int.quar.range which means to find the one that they had mentioned in the above a part :)

yes.. the question asked to find the interquartile range using THIS data.. which surely meant 99 has to be taken..

Reaction score
likosp said:
vishal kumar said:
yar in question 10 what did we have to do in the part that asked to find the mean and standard deviation of the travelling expenses after finding the mean and standard deviation of the values of X ??
i think v were suppose to use da mispoints... i ddnt attmpt it...

first of all u needed to find the uper limit.. for 60 and over.. which could be anything., if u got that wrong how can u move on the the mean and SD .. u'll get all wrong..

Reaction score
SAUD ASLAM said:
adnanj said:
i think 99 should be taken... as the question suggested that it didnot affect and then asked to find the interquartile range which surely means that 99 has to be taken..
So what was ur answer?

it was in between 31- 32...

Reaction score
CIE has now begun a policy of giving a very tough qstn in the middle of the paper never seen before so that v get totally tensed and confused and cant attempt the rest of the papr properly....... :/

Reaction score
likosp said:
CIE has now begun a policy of giving a very tough qstn in the middle of the paper never seen before so that v get totally tensed and confused and cant attempt the rest of the papr properly....... :/

u r right.. Q 5 and 6 were so confusing that when we moved to section B we were finding everything difficult and didn't have enough time as well then..

Reaction score
what should we prepare for paper 2???
b/c the past papers r just useless... it didn't work for paper 1

Reaction score
Adnani the IQR had to be taken with 88 and not 99 and they even asked a reason why adding those 11 wud not affect the IQR and da answer to dat was dat both lower quartile and upper quartile were larger than 11...
So it had to be 88...

Reaction score
Saad Qadir said:
Adnani the IQR had to be taken with 88 and not 99 and they even asked a reason why adding those 11 wud not affect the IQR and da answer to dat was dat both lower quartile and upper quartile were larger than 11...
So it had to be 88...

yes u r right with the fact that as they were in limits so it won't affect.. but then they said that using ' THIS ' find the intrequartile which means they r asking to take 99...

Reaction score
Saad Qadir said:
Umm pata nai in my centre the majority used 88

might be possible its 88 but till now i am confident that 99 has to be taken...
and majority doesn't mean its right.. so wait for the result..

Reaction score
Saad Qadir said:
So it had to be 88...
If that was yhe qs ,it maen that inter quartile should remain same in case so the answer should be same hope that they accept both answer.
Saad ask from some of ur friend ,who used 88,the answer bcoz i dont remember.If it is 30 -31 then we r also correct