• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

STEP

Reaction score
Hey, is anyone here taking the STEP Test this year, for Cambridge?...Thought I might create a thread where we can all help each other out.

Reaction score
Hey I'm taking the STEP I on 18th for imperial... and I haven't done further maths... so I can't make any sense out of these questions. >.<

Reaction score
Hey there. Hmm....You do know that the STEP I is based only on the A-Level Math Syllabus?...:p Crazy, right?
STEP II and III, are where FM is really necessary.
I'm taking the STEP I and II.
Gah, I know, the questions seem to be impossible, but the best practice is just to work through
as many as you can. If not for knowledge, then at least to accustom your brain to the kinda strain you'll face on the day and to learn to think harder, better, faster, stronger, lol. No issues, eventually, you'll get used to it. Hmm. All the best anyway! Do tell me if you need anything.

Reaction score
Hi
I'm taking STEP this year, can you please suggest a website or a book for good preparation

Reaction score
I'll be giving STEP in 2014 Insha Allah. I have started doing the pastpapers of STEP I which only require A level maths knowledge. I would recommend you people go through this booklet by Mr.Siklos. Advanced problems in core maths . It is wonderful resource for a starter. By the way the problems are very interesting and teach you a lot if done all by yourself. Never look at the solutions right away. First try solving it yourself and give a lot of time to it. Otherwise all the pleasure will be lost if you see the solution.

Reaction score
Try this question from the booklet. It is not very difficult and just requires some thinking out of the box. 1.png

Reaction score
It is Advanced problems in core mathematics by Dr. Siklos. I have given the link above in the previous post.

okay thanks !!
I'm giving a level s right now so didn't check it . last is on 12th so i'll go through the book then.
But thanks for the link :)

Reaction score
Is STEP considered a better measure of mathematical ability by the universities than the GCSE A level mathematics ?
I actually did blunders in my math exam so just asking if STEP could cover it up !!

Reaction score
it only forms a part of the conditional offer that unis give because you give STEP alongside your a level exams in the last year of a levels. Have you got an offer or have applied to unis? What year are you in?

Reaction score
Hi shezi1995,
Sorry I had my exams so didn't get time to check this one out; got over with the last one today.
I'm taking a drop year and I'll apply for 2014 session (i.e I'll apply this year I haven't applied anywhere as yet ). I plan to apply to Cambridge (mainly) and Imperial, UCL etc. I'll be applying for natural sciences (physical).
I've messed up my mathematics exam this year (though sciences were good). so I was just wondering whether STEP is valued more than A levels. I'm although good at maths but it just happened that i was not very well prepared and time fell short..... but in all it was not a very good thing to happen.
I'm very worried because I really want to go to Cambridge !!!!!! :cry::cry:
It'll be great if you could help; like, any alternate exams to cover it up or some other suggestions !!! please it'll be a great help.
I'm applying for natural sciences so i don't think maths will matter that much but not sure since its Cambridge.
Sorry again for late reply and for this post being so long, but I'm just so tensed !!