• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Subject Selection In A levels.

Reaction score
The problem is that i'm doing A'levels with subjects; Physics,Chemistry and Biology. I intend to go to gov medical college in Punjab. Now the Uhs entry tests have a portion of English so should I take English in A'Levels? Because I want to do well in MCAT.
Many of my seniors suggested me to take A'levels Maths along with these subjects as they say it is interlinked with them. But I Think that this won't help me as i'll go to the medical side. For that I need to be sure of my Grades in all sciences, isn't maths will be time taking? Moreover, i gave Add Maths in my O'levels and got A grade so isn't it enough for some mathematical steps in A'level Sciences? Should I take English or Maths?
I really need a sincere help from my seniors. :(

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
AsSalamoAlaikum wr wb
Well, i dont think u need to take english cuz our english is not what comes in mcat
We do not study grammar in a lvls
Maths, i studied cuz it was my fav subject but i guess itll be ok without it too

Reaction score
AsSalamoAlaikum wr wb
Well, i dont think u need to take english cuz our english is not what comes in mcat
We do not study grammar in a lvls
Maths, i studied cuz it was my fav subject but i guess itll be ok without it too
Thanks for your help brother.

Reaction score
Wa-Alaikum Asalam, XPFMember....I am taking Maths, Chem, Bio and Phy....could you give me any advise for AS-Levels Maths please?
HarisLatif, I think you should take Maths as well along with the sciences because it really helps with the Mechanics bit in Physics (that's what I heard from many ppl) and it's what I am going to do as well InshAllah.

Reaction score
Is it better to first give AS exams then A2 exam or to give all the papers after two years of A-Levels?

Reaction score
I personally think that giving AS Level in the first year and then A2 Level in the second year is much better because I've heard people say that A2 Level is 10 times harder than AS Level so you need to focus A LOT on A2...if you have AS to worry about as well...I think you'd not be able to cope up with the tension and pressure....imagine what if you have A2 examination on the same day as AS Level?? It's just tough but if you think it suits you better then why not? I know 2 years is much better cause you have much time on your hand and can understand everything properly and clear your weaknesses but the problem with most people is (like me! :whistle: ) that if they don't have exams heading up in the May/June session....then they tend to loosen up and start procrastinating!! Which is very dangerous because then a few weeks left before the exam...they just start cramming all the info and all that! It just never works like that...but again..it all comes down to what you think is better.

Reaction score
The problem is that i'm doing A'levels with subjects; Physics,Chemistry and Biology. I intend to go to gov medical college in Punjab. Now the Uhs entry tests have a portion of English so should I take English in A'Levels? Because I want to do well in MCAT.
Many of my seniors suggested me to take A'levels Maths along with these subjects as they say it is interlinked with them. But I Think that this won't help me as i'll go to the medical side. For that I need to be sure of my Grades in all sciences, isn't maths will be time taking? Moreover, i gave Add Maths in my O'levels and got A grade so isn't it enough for some mathematical steps in A'level Sciences? Should I take English or Maths?
I really need a sincere help from my seniors. :(
no need for english in alevels. because mcat english is totally different. there are 30 questions of eng in mcat. you have to learn 872 meanings of words given by uhs and 10 questions are vocabulary one. other 10 are sentence completion which i heard that they will also be based on the given vocabulary.

Reaction score
XPFMember
Aoa. I need your advise. My elders are suggesting me to take maths along with sciences but as you have taken it i want to know if A-Levels maths is time taking and difficult? What grades did you get if you don't mind. I don't want it to affect my science grades. Because for Medical, I should have good science grades. Moreover, the entry test of Agha khan also includes a Maths section. One more question, will SAT exams help me in getting admission in any Gov Medical college in Punjab?:unsure:

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
XPFMember
Aoa. I need your advise. My elders are suggesting me to take maths along with sciences but as you have taken it i want to know if A-Levels maths is time taking and difficult? What grades did you get if you don't mind. I don't want it to affect my science grades. Because for Medical, I should have good science grades. Moreover, the entry test of Agha khan also includes a Maths section. One more question, will SAT exams help me in getting admission in any Gov Medical college in Punjab?:unsure:
WaAlaikumAsSalam Wr Wb...

thing is, i didnt give attention to maths, cuz i like it so i dont really need to work hard for it......i had to focus on the 3 sciences....but ofc maths was definitely helpful for me...thats what i feel...

nopes....on SAT basis, you can apply as a foreign student....that means reallly high fees..u got to appear in the entry test...