• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

The Best A level Board

Which is the best A level exam board?

• Cambridge International Examinations

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Edexcel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both are of same quality.

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
CIE has a better overall reputation in my opinion, and my teachers even say that Edexcel is likely to be shut down as an exam board within 5 years due to their low level of difficulty or something.. You forgot to mention AQA as well, I'd say they're even below Edexcel because you can't even check your results online with them xD

Reaction score
CIE has a better overall reputation in my opinion, and my teachers even say that Edexcel is likely to be shut down as an exam board within 5 years due to their low level of difficulty or something.. You forgot to mention AQA as well, I'd say they're even below Edexcel because you can't even check your results online with them xD
I did not include Ocr, Aqa and Wjec because these are not international A level boards. U r ryt, Edexcel's checking, contents, question pattern and reputation is pretty dumb. Its a shame that top universities consider it as equivalent to Cie. Just take a look at the difference between Cie Further Maths and Edexcel Further Maths and you will understand what I mean. Cie Further Maths cant be equal to Edexcel Further Maths. The uk universities should discuss and take precautions to sort out the inequality. Its simply not fair. Cie is way beter than Edexcel in my opinion 2 and they cant be the same! I could nt vote for cie coz I accidentally pressed the other button.