• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

The Lyceum School Karachi Discussion {A level Admission}

Reaction score
U are from beacon house right? and i heard from most of my friends that beacon a level doesnt hav good faculty nd also no environment for studies..as well as they told me if i get admission in beacon so most probably i hav to take tutions from beginning ?? what do u say?? is all that true??

yeah beaconhouse is of name only u ll have to take tuitions from beginning

Reaction score
I applied this year, but i am not sure ill get the admission :/ I got A* and double A last year but this year's midterm wasnt good and overall I got C grade and a U in Maths :( I have also got an unconditional at nixor but still i wanna go to lyceum. Can anyone help? I am in commerce section

Reaction score
If you guys need any help, let me know. :)
I applied this year, but i am not sure ill get the admission :/ I got A* and double A last year but this year's midterm wasnt good and overall I got C grade and a U in Maths :( I have also got an unconditional at nixor but still i wanna go to lyceum. Can anyone help? I am in commerce section

Reaction score
From what i've seen lyceum doesn't reject candidates. get good marks in CIE and u'll get into lyceum. a friend of mine got 2 U in mid term but still he got a conditional offer.

Reaction score
From what i've seen lyceum doesn't reject candidates. get good marks in CIE and u'll get into lyceum. a friend of mine got 2 U in mid term but still he got a conditional offer.
Does it matter being in commerce? Cuz they say commerce is more competitive at lyceum

Reaction score
its totally ok!! i didnt even appear for my midterm math exam, i was so badly prepared!!!! but i got an A in my cie. nd i had an overall C too in my midterms, but i got straight As in my Cie. u still have a lot of time, dun waste it. solve past papers again n again particularly for math. i suggest u take one topic at a time, thoroughly study it and solve its past papers. thats what i did. best ov luCK!!! :D IA u will get an admission in lyceum, but you gotta apply as soon as possible. their admissions close quick.

Reaction score
its totally ok!! i didnt even appear for my midterm math exam, i was so badly prepared!!!! but i got an A in my cie. nd i had an overall C too in my midterms, but i got straight As in my Cie. u still have a lot of time, dun waste it. solve past papers again n again particularly for math. i suggest u take one topic at a time, thoroughly study it and solve its past papers. thats what i did. best ov luCK!!! :D IA u will get an admission in lyceum, but you gotta apply as soon as possible. their admissions close quick.
Thanks alot that got me soo motivated. Although i have 5As right now, I got U in maths in 11's mid term. The lyceum people said that they will look at my result on aug 13 and will/will not give me an offer.
I will be studying so so hard these last 3 months. will spend 6 hours on maths everyday, and maths only. As i am only done with 5% of it right now lol. Just one question, is there any choice in Math p2? because the time is limited and im thinking to prepare a few selected topics with immense value, and not do the ones which are hard and can be left on choice. Thanks Alott :)

Reaction score
Thanks alot that got me soo motivated. Although i have 5As right now, I got U in maths in 11's mid term. The lyceum people said that they will look at my result on aug 13 and will/will not give me an offer.
I will be studying so so hard these last 3 months. will spend 6 hours on maths everyday, and maths only. As i am only done with 5% of it right now lol. Just one question, is there any choice in Math p2? because the time is limited and im thinking to prepare a few selected topics with immense value, and not do the ones which are hard and can be left on choice. Thanks Alott :)
Only one choice, you can leave one question in paper2 section 2.

Reaction score
buddy can u tell me when will they reply to our application.
If they haven't Contacted you yet, i think you failed to meet the desired criteria, because most of my friends with good grades already got the interview call, and got unconditional Admission.
But the ones who didn't get any good grades, didn't receive any interview call.
BUT, that doesn't mean you got rejected altogether, After you receive your August 13 results, Im sure if you get good grades, they would have no reason to reject you.
Im not 100% sure, but thats what i think :)
I hope you get in :)