• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

thermal cumin this year for sure !!

Reaction score
Guys do revise thermal physics aur applications main ultrasound nd mri ....its gnna come this year

Reaction score
Q1. Outline the function of the non-uniform magnetic field, superimposed on the large constant magnetic field, in diagnosis using magnetic resonance [8]

Q2. Explain the meaning of specific acoustic impedence and its importance to the intensity reflection coefficient at a boundary. [6]

Q3. Explain in simple terms the need for remote sensing (non-invasive techniques of diagnosis) in medicine. [6]

Q4. Briefly explain the effects of negative feedback on the gain of an operational amplifier. [4]

please answer the above questions as u will anwer them in ur exams...

Reaction score
Q4) gain would decrease , since negative feedback is a process by which fraction of output is fed back to input ... gain = Vout/Vin
thus negative feedback would increase the denominator ,decreasing gain ...:)
nd bout Q3) the application booklet does not have any invasive techniques so i think it aint in our syllabus ...may be am wrong buh for sure it cant come for like [6] holy numbers

Reaction score
guys all these come every year!!!
ultrasound came in november 2010!! and negative feedback in june 2010 the same question
and thermal physics also came in june 2010!! so its no big deal if it comes again this year!
and like this gravitation capacitance communicating information and even simple harmonic motion are also coming for sure!!

Reaction score
which varient i mean is this all detail for 9702/42.....???
n those 4 ques.
i dont think they ask so.....big big theory ques bout 6-8 marks......so u sure dat it'll help out....??? :%)

Reaction score
no he is right just revise everything and i think mri is coming though ultrasound came in nov 2010

Reaction score
FOR Chemistry PAPER 33!!!!!!!!!!

hydrated ammonim salt titrated with KMnO4
usual salt analysis
one thermal question

We have to titrate ammonium nitrate with KMn04 or would we need to oxidize potassium iodide in the presence of ammonium nitrate and then titrate the resulting solution with sodium thiosulphate? :|

see question no.1 in june2008-31
a similar question is expected!

FOR PHYSICS ASLEVEL PAPER 33

what we hav been practicing is the electricity one with beads in place of resistors.its very simple..and ya in the oscillation one we will be having a cylinder instead of a pendulam bob..

i doubt anything concerning magnets or diodes on A2 level will come for As practicals, hmm, they might just be giving diode as just another component of the circuit system, in past years there were things like that, but the procedure is still the same, you will just have to either measure current, volt etc. and draw the graph, and by the way it will be helpful to review the graphs for diodes. before going for exam.

YOU WILL NEED
1.retort stand.
2.bob/cylinder
3.stopwatch.
4.thread
5.multimeters
6.batteries
7.clamps.
8.resistors.
9.contacts

Reaction score
HAHAHA SO MY PREDICTION WAS RIGHT AND MRI CAME!!!
@filza this is wht i hear abt phys 33

princessshakira said:
Allright here you go about the physics practicals. So you too are doing 33?
Moments,
Meter rule, 2 glass prisms, 2 masses, a marble and blue tac.
For oscillations its the usual thread, stopwatch and stuff.

TBH I'm not exactly sure, my teacher said these might be the ones the practicals might be on.

:)
so from where the hell does the electricity question come in paper 33?
and stop saying ammonium nitrate+KMnO4 is coming because this reaction results in an explosion!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
hey guyz recent info i got for u ppl for chemistry ppr 33

my class fellow get information that FA1 is ammonium iron salt for heating, Q2 is reaction KMnO4 with KI in the presence of H2SO4, then titration with Na2S2O3...and Q3 contain Ammonium Bromide and zincsulfate salts.....