• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Timetable

Reaction score
Why is that the timetable 4 pakistani candidates diffrnt frm others all around the world????????
I asked this frend f mine whos a pakistani in skool, and she sed its coz they r special :?
Any ideas any1????

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
It is to reduce time difference between papers in different countries to prevent it from being leaked.

Reaction score
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! Itz not lyk i believe her wen she sed that they wre special!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Maybe...

My teachers told me that tests were held at different times in different countries, so the test papers were leaked and people would cheat.
Now, Cambridge wants all countries to take their tests at the same time, so this does not happen again.
I mean, we come to school at 3:00 PM to take our tests o_O

~ Kimo Force

Reaction score
3.00 in the evening, seriously?????????? Goodness!!!!!!!!!! If everyone had to take the exam at the same time, how abt the tym dffrncs? say in aus tz 9.00 am btw here in SL itll be lyk 4.00 a.m??? Get Real Who in the wrld wld wnt to do an xm at 4.00 in the mrnng??????????!!!!!!!!!!!

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
It works like this:
If a paper in Pakistan is at 09:30am and the paper duration is 2hrs, the same paper in another country starts before it ends here.
Sometimes the gap is around half an hour but that's usually covered by the 45min reporting time.
If the gap is intense, CIE publishes a new paper with exactly same level of difficulty called variant.
That is why you see (like) 'qp_21' & 'qp_22' for 'Paper 02's'.
The second variant paper then follows the above method for remaining countries.

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Like i mentioned above, variant papers have exactly same level of difficulty.
Mostly the syllabus covered is also the same so you'll find both exactly equal.

Reaction score
Oh now I know that this is the reason we are told to arrive 1 hour before the exam! Here in Pakistan the Paper will start at 2:30 PM but the reporting time is 1:30

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
That prevented paper leaks in the past years.
Now paper starts according to GMT.
That is why people are complaining odd timings for the morning and evening papers.

Reaction score
IN EDEXEL I HEARD THRE WS NO VARIANT STUFF....EVRI1IN DA WRLDSME TYM PAPER AT 12MIDNYT UR PRBLM...!!HEHEl:)

Reaction score
ND P.S IS T THRU V CNT DO THE PAPER F V R NT DRE ERLY FR THE 1HR PAPRS??????????????????1HR ERLY