• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

To watch or not to watch, THAT is the question... :S

Reaction score
Reaction score
Reading is a blessing. You cn read news rather than watch it.., you can read novels instead watch movies.... and you can strtt writing if you are
out of authors :) once busy... and busy in sumthing i love to do i stay happy :)
But ofc you cant dedicate all ur time to these things.. a certain part of the day has to be devoted to Allah
otherwise you feel depressed no matter wat u do! :)

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
But ofc you cant dedicate all ur time to these things.. a certain part of the day has to be devoted to Allah
otherwise you feel depressed no matter wat u do! :)
AsSalamoAlaikum Wr Wb

"And whoever turns away from My remembrance - indeed, he will have a depressed life, and We will gather him on the Day of Resurrection blind." (Quran 20:124)

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
AsSalamoAlaikum Wr Wb..

and its now that I understand this hadith:

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
“Among my ummah there will certainly be people who permit zinaa, silk, alcohol and musical instruments…..” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari ta’leeqan, no. 5590; narrated as mawsool by al-Tabaraani and al-Bayhaqi. See al-Silsilah al-Saheehah by al-Albaani, 91).
Since it's into every single show, whether it's news, drama, islamic program, like anything...and you have music in it, and most of us think it's completely ok to watch that stuff. :/
rabbana la taj'alna minhum..

Reaction score
Nothing is good or bad, its use makes it so.
A simple example is a knife:

It is good if used to cut fruits, but bad if used to kill people....

Reaction score
XPFMember thanks for the tag :D
Well i think in this age of technology we cannot just cut ourselves Off from television, but we should make sure that whatever we watch should be productive..... if its not productive (jUst entertaining), even then its fine, but what we should restrain ourselves is from watching indecent and un-Islamic shows!!