• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Travel and Tourism

Reaction score
Hello,

I wanted to know if anyone of you is giving Travel and Tourism? Either as IGCSE subject or GCE?

Reaction score
Yes, I am giving it. And it isn't that tough. But it needs a broad knowledge instead, also you must be very familiar with marketing and promotion tactics.

Reaction score
I do business studies as well so the marketing and promotion tactics are not that hard for me.
And yes it is important that you know factors about different tourists destinations around the world.
Thats wat i suck at :(

Reaction score
@respect1:

Don't worry about it. Just learn about major countries. And especially about resorts, cruises, and business tourists.

For the factors, just learn about the temperature of different parts of the world! Like temperate, equatorial, antarctic, etc. =D

I just hope the P1 comes easy bro. Haha, P2 is pretty much the same always (except the definitions).

Reaction score
Yh, P1 is also worth 60% the whole mark, so hope it's easy... and hopefully the grade boundaries for an A will not be more than 70% :)
I just did May/June paper 2 and i got 74 :D All the papers I've done was all over 72% so i am quite confident for the exam :)

Reaction score
wht do yu guys study? i knw itz abt tourism nd stuff but hw do the questions come?

Reaction score
dhigrss2012 said:
Im giving IGCSE Travel & Tourism too!

Are you from Lahore?

@cheesww: Will let you know in a while :) yes its mainly about tourism, and the questions are interlinked to the world of travel and tourism - like what kind of a facilities do travel agencies provide, why are cruise ship destinations growing in popularity, what is the difference between chartered and scheduled flights, and facilities provided inside air-terminal for people with different need.

We also study the impacts of tourism on the Environment, Sociocultural and Economic.

Reaction score
I did mine today. And found it ok. Wasn't easy, wasn't hard.

There were a couple of questions i didn't fully understand though. But i tried answering them. Hopefully getting some marks for it.

I'm just worried about paper 2 :p

Reaction score
Naan, im from Islamabad.
It went fairly well. Some of the questions were weird, im aching to read the marking scheme. Yours?