• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

UHS Entrance Test 2013

Reaction score
Thats awesome, thanks :) But I do have a few questions, mainly, is there an answer key possible? and secondly, i see some questions in there that appear to be out of syllabus, but apparently syllabus hasnt changed since 2012, so how come they are being included?

The one question that came out of syllabus was eventually cancelled by the evening and not included. They gave us 5 marks for it. So, even the people who had not given the right answer, were given the full marks for that question.

Reaction score
well in that case was the syllabus changed at all? Because i dont see how some questions, like question number 161, 179 and a few others relate to the UHS syllabus of 2013 :/

Reaction score
well in that case was the syllabus changed at all? Because i dont see how some questions, like question number 161, 179 and a few others relate to the UHS syllabus of 2013 :/

Man, trust me, they are part of the syllabus. Plus, both these questions can be answered with A'levels knowledge. Remember that UHS syllabus is not a rigid one. You have to read the complete chapters that it mentions. The highest marks an A'levels student got last year were 1058 and that's good enough by doing only the stuff in UHS syllabus. You'll realize by the end of your preparation that all of these are part of the syllabus. :) I had no problem answering even a single question despite doing one month of syllabus based preparation.

Q. 161 is from "8. BIOTECHNOLOGY:
Content
DNA technology
Learning outcomes
a) Explain Recombinant DNA Technology"

and Q. 179 is a simple cells question. Plastids are organelles like Chloroplast. :S

Reaction score
Haha but bhai you're a genius, im talking about moderate students like myself :p but ok, i'll try to prepare better and see what happens. Thanks :)

Reaction score
i did my o levels from uk but i am doing my A levels from pakistan. i didnot do islamiyat and pakstudies. do i have to do these?
i just found out now and i am paniking. please reply

if u give ur olvls from abroad and then alvls from pakistan,its mandatory to have pak stdies islamiyat and urdu,if u havnt registered for ALvls yet, go back to the Uk and register there.or Else register for the extra Olevel subjects.

Reaction score
I do have a question here though, theres only 83 bio mcq's? And i believe less then 44 physics ones?

Reaction score
I'll try to answer your questions one by one.

The entrance test is based on the FSC books entirely. There's a syllabus given for the MCAT by UHS. You can check out this year's syllabus on their website. The content, however, will ALWAYS be from FSC, remember that. So you'll need to go over the FSC books. There's no alternative to that.

You have heard right, I'm afraid. Very few A Level students get into government medical universities because the entry test is based on FSC and O/A Level students can't get more than 90% in equivalence by the IBCC. Whereas, it isn't uncommon to hear of FSC students who have a score of a 1000 or more. (out of 1100)

This is only the second year since UHS introduced their combined FSC/A Level syllabus for MCAT. As yet, I have not heard of much improvement for A Level students. But I think, in a couple of years, as A Level students get more acquainted with the system and accept the fact that they'll have to rattafy FSC books, the situation could get a little better. (Provided that the University of Health Sciences sticks with this syllabus and doesn't suddenly decide to change it)

Yep. All MCQs. The format of the test is given on their website.

I'm actually giving MCAT myself this year so I can't really help you with that question. However there are a lot of Pakistani medical students on this forum. And this question has been frequently asked there. So just search around. You'll find your answer soon enough. However, you should know that for government medical universities, the choice of which uni you get in depends on your merit (i.e the aggregate of your Matric/O level, FSC/A level and MCAT scores)

Pretty hard. I'm not trying to scare you but here are the facts:

On average, 30,000 people appear for the MCAT each year. Only 3000 get into government universities.

However, it is not impossible!! Hard work is the key to all!

Don't count on the UHS to be efficient in that regard. Our MCAT this year is on the 23rd of September and UHS announced the official date on the 10th of August. But it's held in the month of September each year so you should prepare according to that.

Absolutely.

FSC books. You need to learn them thoroughly. And there are plenty of Entry Test books available that you could buy to practise MCQs. I'm using Caravan, Jahangir and the KETS ones. However it's hard to get your hands on the KETS books unless you are a student of KIPS.

Again, look at the syllabus given on their website. There's an 870 words long list that you'll need you learn. There'll also be some grammar questions.

They are totally fine. You do not need to do English in A Levels. The English section of the MCAT is way different from anything they'll ever teach you at O/A Level English.

Now, a few more things.

You must have given your O Levels, obviously. Have you obtained an equivalence certificate from IBCC? If not, you need to get that made ASAP. IBCC can be very bothersome. When you're A Level result comes out, you'll need equivalence for that too. But that's for later.

Since you're a foreign student, you can apply to the reserved seats in the government medical universities. The fees will be higher than those paid by local students, though. I'm not aware of the exact procedure for that. It's said to be tedious and long-winded and apparently involves having to give SAT 2 in Biology, Physics and Chemistry. I believe UHS mentioned something here. You'll get a lot of information in this regard from the forum I linked earlier. Medstudentz

I hope that helped! And I hope I didn't sound too discouraging because that was certainly not my intention. It's just that admittance into medical universities in Pakistan suffers from the same 'issues' that afflict our education system and it's extremely stressful for A Level students to adjust themselves to this system. I'm going through this right now. Believe me, it is not fun. =,(

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. =)

your post was really helpfull.where do i get the 870 words long list from internet