• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Unit 3B Chemistry :) How was the exams? Comment here :P

Reaction score
i dont remember seeing anything which said sulfate was absent ! :unsure:
well me neither until all my friends were saying that! means we lost 2 marks minimum in the first table
what was the Y compound, was i calcium chloride
don't remember mine

Reaction score
well me neither until all my friends were saying that! means we lost 2 marks minimum in the first table
what was the Y compound, was i calcium chloride
don't remember mine
Dude..........wasnt it Calcium Carbonate............??????

Reaction score
Some questions I remember:
1) Why do you add the Iodine in small quantities?
2)Why use anhydrous calcium sulphate?
3) What is the 9th step?
4) Why is this question not suitable for large-scale manufacturing? (last question)

oh also
Why observations would you see when you add NaI to ---- don't rem?

Reaction score
i dont think it matters. they will know what it is! so its okay :p
I read somewhere that if it doesn't change the meaning intended then they will mark correct, so, don't worry.
I had this problem where didn't have enough space for some questions - I am not good in summarising a point/

Reaction score
Some questions I remember:
1) Why do you add the Iodine in small quantities?
2)Why use anhydrous calcium sulphate?
3) What is the 9th step?
4) Why is this question not suitable for large-scale manufacturing? (last question)

oh also
Why observations would you see when you add NaI to ---- don't rem?
For question 1 - I wrote something about the reaction being very exothermic/volatile
2 - I think it should have been something about the drying agent but I wrote some fake stuff (water/needs further distillation)
3-

Reaction score
For question 1 - I wrote something about the reaction being very exothermic/volatile
2 - I think it should have been something about the drying agent but I wrote some fake stuff (water/needs further distillation)
3-
wat calculation answers did u get?