• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Unit 3B Chemistry :) How was the exams? Comment here :P

Reaction score
Hi guys
Can someone help me out here please?
I basically missed my unit 3 exam (all of the practicals)
So would I lose like 40 marks? And what would I get overall if I get like 2 C's in both unit 1 and 2?
Also is it possible to do the unit 3 at A2 (if I ever make it) I am doing edecxel a-level chemistry btw.

Thanks
#killmenow

Reaction score
Hi guys
So would I lose like 40 marks? And what would I get overall if I get like 2 C's in both unit 1 and 2?
Also is it possible to do the unit 3 at A2 (if I ever make it) I am doing edecxel a-level chemistry btw.

Thanks
#killmenow
there will not be any overall result if u don't sit for unit 3 on any subject.
u must sit for unit 3 for the certificate.

Reaction score
Hi guys

Thanks
#killmenow
Yes you can do it next year and keep all your module grades. That's what I'm doing for physics. I'm doing unit 3 next year

Reaction score
Yes you can do it next year and keep all your module grades. That's what I'm doing for physics. I'm doing unit 3 next year

OMG really!
If this is the case you really relieved me from huge stress.
But are you sure about this? Does this apply with different school etc you think?
THANK YOU

Reaction score
guys for the little or no iodine well we know that iodine in an organic liquid is purple... so if theres little or no purple colour in the butanol sol we know theres no iodine....

Reaction score
guys for the little or no iodine well we know that iodine in an organic liquid is purple... so if theres little or no purple colour in the butanol sol we know theres no iodine....
but butanol is a polar solvent? it has a polar OH and forms hydrogen bonds. i dont think iodine will dissolve very well in it especially since its a short chain alcohol.

Reaction score
Does anyone have good resource like: notes, websites or videos on edexcel a-level chemistry for unit 1 and 2.
who else is doing unit 1 in may and unit 2 in june?

Thank you and good luck to everyone!

Reaction score
Does anyone have good resource like: notes, websites or videos on edexcel a-level chemistry for unit 1 and 2.
who else is doing unit 1 in may and unit 2 in june?

Thank you and good luck to everyone!
i'm sitting for all physics and chemistry units.

you can search on YouTube using the topic name, MIT's channel is very good. Though there are some excess informations.
also there is Khan Academy for some lectures.

Reaction score
Hi guys

Me again, I am sorry if I posted this on the wrong thread ( I am new here).
Anyway found this amazing YouTube channel: fiaraz igbal. He does videos on how to answer exam paper questions!
I found this very helpful, so you may want to check this out if you have trouble on how to answer exam questions etc.

Hope this is helpful

good luck all

Reaction score
I just hope unit 1 and unit 2 will be much better cause now I'm freaking out ! :'(