• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Urdu as a second lang HELP!

Reaction score
Linking words pls. Whats the threshold for Urdu syllabus B

In mayjune sessions A* is around 104-106 out of 110 marks.
A grade lies some where between 94-103.
and in nov session the gt is slightly lower then this ...so A* is on 101-103 Plus.

Reaction score
Thanks God. alhamdulillah. Is there any other thing that should be kept in mind while taking this paper? Anything important

Reaction score
Thanks God. alhamdulillah. Is there any other thing that should be kept in mind while taking this paper? Anything important
Just focus on the translation ...and practice as much as possible bcz A* depends on it ...if you get 18-19 marks in it , surely u can get A* easily ....
The penalty of 2 mistakes in translation is of 1 mark so dont lose these marks.
Dont waste the time in memorising 100's of 'muhawaras' ....just read them once and learn only those which are widely use in the daily life.

Reaction score
Mom
Just focus on the translation ...and practice as much as possible bcz A* depends on it ...if you get 18-19 marks in it , surely u can get A* easily ....
The penalty of 2 mistakes in translation is of 1 mark so dont lose these marks.
Dont waste the time in memorising 100's of 'muhawaras' ....just read them once and learn only those which are widely use in the daily life.
Thanks for the tips. Can u please tell me how do we count words in mazmoon. Because morebe is going beyond 200 words. It'd very difficult to control them. You can plz upload a pic of ur past work and help me in this s matter . Really appreciate frnd. I am scared to death

Reaction score
Mom

Thanks for the tips. Can u please tell me how do we count words in mazmoon. Because morebe is going beyond 200 words. It'd very difficult to control them. You can plz upload a pic of ur past work and help me in this s matter . Really appreciate frnd. I am scared to death

There's no need to count all those 200 words ...simple is that ...count the words of first line and then multiply with the total no. of lines ...by this u'll have the approximate idea of no. of words.
And one thing more regarding essay writing is that ....write like 8 words in first line and then increase the no. of words gradually ...this way u can write more words by making the examiner fool...and then in the end state wrong no. of words ..like eg if u have written 210 or something words , just just write at the end that ur words are 197 etc .... ** but this is risky ..but it works sometimes :p

Its v.imp to be in words limits otherwise they wont check the work if the limit exceeds ...For this one thing which can be done is that ...before writing the essay ...first write points for each bullet point ...like 3 points for each bullet points and then keeping in mind that u have to write each para in no more then 60-65 words then easily u can control the no. of words.

I'll see if im having any old stuff of urdu B then i'll upload IA.
P.s urdu B is a piece of cake ....dont burden your self with urdu.

Reaction score
There's no need to count all those 200 words ...simple is that ...count the words of first line and then multiply with the total no. of lines ...by this u'll have the approximate idea of no. of words.
And one thing more regarding essay writing is that ....write like 8 words in first line and then increase the no. of words gradually ...this way u can write more words by making the examiner fool...and then in the end state wrong no. of words ..like eg if u have written 210 or something words , just just write at the end that ur words are 197 etc .... ** but this is risky ..but it works sometimes :p

Its v.imp to be in words limits otherwise they wont check the work if the limit exceeds ...For this one thing which can be done is that ...before writing the essay ...first write points for each bullet point ...like 3 points for each bullet points and then keeping in mind that u have to write each para in no more then 60-65 words then easily u can control the no. of words.

I'll see if im having any old stuff of urdu B then i'll upload IA.
P.s urdu B is a piece of cake ....dont burden your self with urdu.

Thanks alot bro. I was kinda scared.. But your tricks helped me ease my burden... Thanks alot...this makes me happy to see that the're are still some ppl like u who is ready to spare their part of tome for this...aww and I loved ur last advice dude! (y)

Reaction score
Thanks alot bro. I was kinda scared.. But your tricks helped me ease my burden... Thanks alot...this makes me happy to see that the're are still some ppl like u who is ready to spare their part of tome for this...aww and I loved ur last advice dude! (y)

Not a problem at all :)

Reaction score
These are some tips i got from xpc:

ESSAYS:
For essays the easiest way to write is first make aham nuqaat(imp points) in mind and mainly concentrate on three points given in the exam NO other.Then use medium vocabulary which is easily understandable and correct but u can use high vocabulary its ur choice.Dont go for irrelevant details and best way is to divide the 3 points of essay in 50 words each .it will be easier for u.
SPEECHES:
For speeches always use the word Muazzaz Samaeen(respected viewers)After two to three lines and use medium or high vocabulary.Main thing is to understand the question read it carefully and then start writing ur speech.Give Always give intro para
LETTERS:
For letters first understand and make clear whether the letter is formal or informal if it is informal may give intro paragraph.BUT in formal letters come straight away to the point.Try to understand what the examiner wants u to write in the letter most of candidates fail so be carefull.and make sure u know the pattern of formal and informal letter.
Reports:
For reports first thing is to make a mind map.it will help a lot and then start writing like a story REMEMBER to write the date year of the incident.
Muhaware(idioms):
For idioms read them everyday u will slowly learn them.They aren’t much difficult as they mostly come in a patterwise so best way is to read them everyday.
Translation:
This part is mostly difficult for translation u need vocabulary bcs sometimes difficult words are given which candidates fail to answer.There is no need to write every word according to passage BUT never change the tense.Try to translate line by line it will be good.

Summary:
For summary first underline main points which u think are to be included in the passage.Then try to use your own words if u can it will be better.Just focus on main points don’t write irrelevant sentences or details as u have to shrink the para to ¾.

we have a choice between the two qstns in part 2..so i wanted to know is it ok if i practice mukalama and letter leaving speech and report?

bcoz so far i have seen this pair

mukalama or report
khat or taqreer
mukalama or khat..

they didnt give taqreeer and report together..so i was wondering whether it would be alright if i can leave both bcoz i heard both of them have high chances of losing marks.. if my way is not correct plz can anyone of u help me..only a week to go..May Allah help us......ya rab