• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

urdu B or urdu A??

Reaction score
I have to appear in Urdu and Islamiyat this May June but I can't decide which Urdu to take...
P.s I'm not good in urdu..
We were previously doing urdu A but our teacher gave us the option between the two..
We still have alot to do , and we're running short of time so I'm not sure if I should give urdu A, and I don't know about Urdu B... so which one should I take..
A friend told me that her sir told their class that the examiners strictly marks the papers of candidates who are from Pakistan, or some thing. Is that true?
Also alot of people i know say that urdu B is so easy it could be done in a month with only spending an hour everyday...
so any suggestions??

Reaction score
urdu A has alot of syllabus which you need to prepare and the questions are related only to that whereas in Urdu b , it is all unseen (all mazmoon, mukalma, letters ans translatiom e.t.c) noting to learn by heart except for some muhawarat and few other things like that.
I take Urdu A but it depends on you.
if you are good at grammar / voc and cant learn long answers take Urdu B.
It is right that it takes less time as there are only a few things to learn by heart

Reaction score
If u have studied Urdu A before , then ur language must be impressive including wide vocabulary ,idioms,complex sentences.You are very luck that u are given choices between the two. If i had been you, i would have chosen Urdu B because Urdu is a bit easier and doesnt require any cramming but just unseen question are there to confuse u a little bit. Urdu A is a lengthy subject and requires lot of time to study and there are several technical thing like Afsanay, NAzm and Blah Blah Blah, while in urdu B u have just MAzmoon , report ,lletter and dialogue e.t.c to give u an A grade easily :D

Reaction score
We did urdu A before cos our teacher wanted/forced us to
but now it's like, Do what ever you want to do and I have to tell her by tomorrow...

Reaction score
and we are doing dastak na do and the nazams.. ONLY
and we have still to do four nazams and almost half the noval...
:(

Reaction score
well...... i have experienced both...... A one is lengthy and requires good skills........ need to go through nazms,stories etc... none of them are in B ...... just unseen things.......... better if you go for B cuz it takes less time and is easy compared to the urdu A.......

BEST OF LUCK :)

Reaction score
urdu B takes less time but your voc, writing skills, creative writing matters alot but in urduA (no doubt) has a lengthy syllabus but if you learn it it is no more difficult

Reaction score
I have to appear in Urdu and Islamiyat this May June but I can't decide which Urdu to take...
P.s I'm not good in urdu..
We were previously doing urdu A but our teacher gave us the option between the two..
We still have alot to do , and we're running short of time so I'm not sure if I should give urdu A, and I don't know about Urdu B... so which one should I take..
A friend told me that her sir told their class that the examiners strictly marks the papers of candidates who are from Pakistan, or some thing. Is that true?
Also alot of people i know say that urdu B is so easy it could be done in a month with only spending an hour everyday...
so any suggestions??
well...... i have experienced both...... A one is lengthy and requires good skills........ need to go through nazms,stories etc... none of them are in B ...... just unseen things.......... better if you go for B cuz it takes less time and is easy compared to the urdu A.......

BEST OF LUCK :)
yes its easy but for this u need to have good grammar and vocabulary and also read alot of Urdu stories and articles out of newspaper if Urdu is weak.
Best of Luck!!
:)

Reaction score
The only problem I have with urdu A is that we still have a lot to do and we only have four months till the paper..
most of the schools are done with their syll by this time and they are revising...
I'm not sure if we could complete it
and I NEED an A*...

Reaction score
....... read newspapers,stories for good vocabulary and for B try practicing translations ....... buy a dictionary of Urdu...

Reaction score
btw, as far as I know, The reports and mazoon etc are the same for both papers, right?
Just that the points in Urdu A can/are to be taken from the two passages, but in urdu B we have to think on our own..

Reaction score
btw, as far as I know, The reports and mazoon etc are the same for both papers, right?
Just that the points in Urdu A can/are to be taken from the two passages, but in urdu B we have to think on our own..

and length is also different

Reaction score
The only problem I have with urdu A is that we still have a lot to do and we only have four months till the paper..
most of the schools are done with their syll by this time and they are revising...
I'm not sure if we could complete it
and I NEED an A*...
then i guess u should go 4 urdu B and i would say that again read urdu newspapers and consult lughat as hunter have said4 difficult word it will enhance ur vocabulary.if u any problem regarding urdu u can p.m me:)

Reaction score
urdu B is far easy...u just need to practice each day dats all...urdu A is difficult so i say opt urdu B..:)