• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Urgent Help Needed Regarding Equivalence Certificate

Reaction score
I got 2A* 3A 1B and C in O level
2A 1B in AS ( Chem, Bio and Phy ) and currently doing A level
is it compulsory to give English exam to apply for medical studies in Pakistan ?
Also these subjects are enough ?

Reaction score
General Paper is a must everywhere as well as O' levels English
u need A-level math .. use khanacademy.com videos to understand A-level math ... also use schaum's outline for math, chem, phy, bio, practice
u need SAT1 or MCAT .. do both if you want.. no problem
u need SAT2 Subject tests ... should not be that difficult ... just a bit different
try for an internship

Reaction score
however, why do you have only 7 subjects in the O-levels? ... the standard is 10 subjects in the O-levels

Reaction score
actually its called IGCSE and there are only 7 subjects
but i have taken physics to compensate for maths
wt about A level English

Reaction score
actually its called IGCSE and there are only 7 subjects
but i have taken physics to compensate for maths
wt about A level English

no there aren't only 7 subjects... and no one takes only 7 subjects ... i am assuming poor guidance.. or lower standards these days

this is how it was generally in our day
10th grade - 2 subjects... pak stds/isl
10th grade November - 1 subject ... usually stats
11th grade - 7 or more subjects ... math, add-math, chem, bio, phy, english, urdu ... or more

as for IGCSE ... this what we gave ... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GCE_Ordinary_Level
http://www.britishcouncil.org/pakistan-exams-gce.htm
IGCSE being a lot more easy than GCE

and you have taken physics to compensate for Maths? ....i am assuming you have been guided and poorly so... and i don't think top medical schools take students without maths... check their requirements.. if it works out for you then ok.. but it will be unlikely

and A-level English is quite difficult... at least GCE was... so i cannot say in your case

but the A-level General Paper is the usual requirement

as for the equivalency call the equivalency center or something.. they have some regulations