• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

urgent question about the city school

Reaction score
My cousin seems depressed. Even though he did great in his recent cie a level exams, he is from the city school gulshan a level campus.

He seems worried about the prestige of the school. I have some questions. Is this branch or the city schools in general considered elite a level schools?

Can the city school gulshan a level campus or the PAF chapter be considered an elite school like Nixor college or the lyceum?

If not why?

I want to cheer him up so please give your answers ASAP

thank you

Reaction score
Seems to be a confusing situation to me. If your cousin has already appeared for A levels why so concerned about school's prestige right now ? :S
I can assure you that at A levels the prestige of school doesnot matter in university admissions. All, that matters is person's O level and A level grades. So, if this depression is a result of university admissions and school prestige tell him not to worry.
Secondly, a school is made elite by the people who join it. So considering that fact every A level school can be considered an elite school given the fee they charge to their pupil. However, if by elite you meant the academic side. Then, I am sorry to tell you but city school is not considered that academically focused in comparison to KGS, lyceum, Nixor and even St. Pats. But the question remains why your cousin is concerned about A level school after A levels ? :D

Reaction score
20% teacher's effort.

80% student's effort.

He shouldn't give a rat's bottom about his school's rep as long as he has A's on his final CIE result certificate.

Reaction score
Are you sure that the city school gulshan a level campus does not have a good rep? Do people treat it like KGS Or Lyceum or Nixor? Any second opinions would be helpful. Preferably, some encouraging opinions.

Reaction score
Im also from Gulshan A Levels. Your cousin gave AS or A2? Well the school isn't considered as good as Nixor or Lyceum but considered one of the good schools, the teachers are very good here. I didn't need any tution in AS.

Reaction score
salam all!! i gave physics ,chem, accounts, business studies ,english language,additional maths and maths this year for my o levels and i m waiting for my result but i m only expecting 1 A out of seven so which college shud i opt for or shud i do my A level's privately ?? on second thought if my result is not good enogh then my friends are telling me to do inter but i cannot do so because i didn't gave bio or computer so wat shud i do??? help needed urgent!!