• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION ~ PLEASE ANSWER

Reaction score
What is an ICE subject? I can't quite understand it, but I think I want to apply for it. PLEASE HELP because the deadline is on the 12th of June for registration D:

Reaction score
It is just a piece of paper saying you have a breadth of study at IGCSE level. All it is, is a certificate. It can't hurt to have it, so I'd say if you qualify by having a subject from each group, then go for it! I don't see any reason why not. I'm getting mine this year, btw. Already signed up for it.
If your question is about the subjects considered for it, then there's a thread somewhere on here about that with all the subjects included along with what group they are in. If I am not mistaken that is on the CIE website as well.

Reaction score
It is just a piece of paper saying you have a breadth of study at IGCSE level. All it is, is a certificate. It can't hurt to have it, so I'd say if you qualify by having a subject from each group, then go for it! I don't see any reason why not. I'm getting mine this year, btw. Already signed up for it.
If your question is about the subjects considered for it, then there's a thread somewhere on here about that with all the subjects included along with what group they are in. If I am not mistaken that is on the CIE website as well.

Thanks for the information! i just have a little question, does the exam look different than normal IGCSE exam? Thank you once again C':

Reaction score
It's not an exam dude... It's a certificate you get after you finish your exams. You write the same exams. All it is is what SherlockHolmes22 said in his first line...

Reaction score
Can you please explain more?

In IGCSE there are different sections under which the subjects are catogorised. If you appear for the required number of subjects from each category (as mentioned here: http://www.cie.org.uk/qualifications/academic/middlesec/ice) you will get a certificate of appreciation. That is it. It is not an exam or anything requiring hard work. It is as normal as any other certificate. You have to apply for it just so that the board considers to award you with it, applying for it doesn't in anyway mean that you have to appear for any exam.

Reaction score
In IGCSE there are different sections under which the subjects are catogorised. If you appear for the required number of subjects from each category (as mentioned here: http://www.cie.org.uk/qualifications/academic/middlesec/ice) you will get a certificate of appreciation. That is it. It is not an exam or anything requiring hard work. It is as normal as any other certificate. You have to apply for it just so that the board considers to award you with it, applying for it doesn't in anyway mean that you have to appear for any exam.
Wow! Thank you so much for the information! One last question, I took eight IGCSE subjects, all of them are in the five groups except group two. Does this mean I can't apply for the ICE award?

Reaction score
Wow! Thank you so much for the information! One last question, I took eight IGCSE subjects, all of them are in the five groups except group two. Does this mean I can't apply for the ICE award?

Does it specify the criteria mentioned by CIE? Even if it doesn't, do apply for it, they might consider giving it to you. As it is, there is no harm in trying. :)