• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

What exactly is percentile?

mbs

Reaction score
23 Veiws bt still no convincing and appreciable answer...

Reaction score
I THINK it's applicable to all o'level subject. what i've heard is that they use the percentile method QUESTION BY QUESTION, so basically they take the highest marks in a particular question as 100%, and then mark everybody out of that. but im not completely sure

Reaction score
23 Veiws bt still no convincing and appreciable answer...
i thnk it is basically a way of giving percentage. for example agar history ke paper me highest marks 70 ae hain tou baki sb ki percentage 70 me se nikali jae gi, if u get 69 marks then they will give you 69/70, not 69/75
bt i'm not dead sure, you must consult this with a teacher

Reaction score
you knw mostly students dua krte hain k paper mushkil ae kyu k agar sb ka ganda ho tou unke A grade ane k chances barh jate hain:D
wicked people.............!:p
bt i thnk its true k highest marks jitne b honge usi me se bakiyo ki % nikali jae, u must have heard to the people saying k pecentile gir jae and all, mtlb yehi k highest marks agar zada nai honge tou unke grades ka b chance bn jae ga, 70% pe b aksar A grades ae hain

mbs

Reaction score
its all assumptions :\
acha phr what do u thnk bio mein kya ho gi percentile...
i m expecting 125 bt A starts frm 128 :(

mbs

Reaction score
ask.cie.org.uk/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1035&PARTITION_ID=1&TIMEZONE_OFFSET=&USERTYPE=1&CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=33226

Reaction score
its all assumptions :\
acha phr what do u thnk bio mein kya ho gi percentile...
i m expecting 125 bt A starts frm 128 :(
we cant assume rite nw.....dude....it totaly depends how the overal paper went and who gt the highest marks............

Reaction score
just chill bro, make dua for yourself, talking about all this wont help you one bit! trust me! just pray that things go your way and they will definitely if you tried honestly your best :) i pray we all get what we are hoping for ! Ameen and InshALLAH..
and as far as I know about percentiles , maryam fatima is absolutely right!