• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

What is a CIE Additional Maths exam treated as???

Reaction score
Hi guys, I was just wondering what the Additional Maths exam was treated as (ie. if it's just another IGCSE or something else...) Well I did the May/June 2009 exam for Add. Maths and got an A (was suppose to be an A* though :evil: ) and I thought it was just another IGCSE/GCSE or w/e but some1 told me (a while ago...that's why I'm asking...) that it was a FSMQ (Free Standing Maths Qualification) and some1 else told me that it was weighed differently to the IGCSE's and universities treat it differently almost equivalent to an A-level!!! :O
If that's true then that would be really helpful for my applications, am I right? So basically, I just wanted to know how the Additional Maths was treated :p

THANKS in advance for your replies!!!! :mrgreen:

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Additional maths requires a lot of stamina to go through!
If you got an A in AddMaths, you can sleep during AS level math lectures.

***CAUTION***
Never try this at school! :p

Reaction score
I self taught myself the Add Maths in a year 10...and I self taught myself AS-Level Maths again in Year 11 (P1 and S1)...awaiting my result on the 12th...more than likey an A though :D

PlanetMaster

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
Best of luck!
signs_113.gif

Reaction score
if you took add maths in Olevel. then you are far easy to feel for maths in A Level. However you can take further maths in Alevel as well then you will be having two more credit hour with you and accordingly every university of UK prefer further maths students.
even you can apply UK university for further studies they do prefer you as compared to whom have chosen general maths only in Olevel.
Hoping you will get A in Maths .
maths is also may favorite subject.
regards
Anzaar