• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

What is the threshold mark to get an A* and 1 in each paper ???

Reaction score
there is individual component mark and grade which vary from year to year, owing to difficulty and all, but the overall grade in a subject is when u add all the individual mark. I know a girl in Mauritius who was really good in theory, in fact she was SSR laureate, with 1 in all her chemistry papers but a 6 in practicals. see?

Reaction score
Actually I logged in using my brother's facebook account. I'm damini I go to Hindu Girls' college. Doing science at school :)

Haha, and I said 'guys' above. Should've been girls. :p
I'm from QEC. You can call me Alpha. Nice meeting you Damini. All the best for the rest of the papers. :)

Reaction score
there is individual component mark and grade which vary from year to year, owing to difficulty and all, but the overall grade in a subject is when u add all the individual mark. I know a girl in Mauritius who was really good in theory, in fact she was SSR laureate, with 1 in all her chemistry papers but a 6 in practicals. see?

Ya, that is what I've been saying. But for the laureateship, it's a different thing though. Overall marks for all subjects. She could've even got a B and still be a laureate. :)