• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

What subjects to choose from?

Reaction score
I just gave my olevel exams and am awaiting the result.
Meanwhile i decided to choose my career option as architecture, i wanna know what subjects should i choose apart from physics and mathematics in my Alevels?

Reaction score
Depends on which university you want to go to. Most universities have want A level Physics, Maths and Chemistry. While others just have Physics and Maths as a requirement, you can choose any other third and an optional fourth subject you want.

Reaction score
I'd advise you to go with Chemistry/Design & Technology (if your school offers it) & English/Business Studies! That's the combination most of the Archi students opt at my school.

Reaction score
I'm also opting for Architecture but I'm taking Physics, Maths, Business Studies & English Language.

:)

Reaction score
mrpaudel said:
u can take further maths too,..!!
but think twice before taking Further Maths!! It is not easy and requires alot of Practice and guidance !!

Reaction score
Thanks allof you :)
I think i will go with physics, math, chemistry and english language :)

Reaction score
arlery said:
Depends on which university you want to go to. Most universities have want A level Physics, Maths and Chemistry. While others just have Physics and Maths as a requirement, you can choose any other third and an optional fourth subject you want.

Which university should i prefer in lahore?

Reaction score
hamidali391 said:
Why don't you go for Arts and Design?
Is that necessary for someone who wants to go into the field of Architecture?

Reaction score
^ No its not. Physics and Maths are the only two subjects that are necessary.

Reaction score
Well since you like maths and your parents want you to b dr , do one thing take phy chem bio maths english and other language as your subject ....by end of your 11th std you ll realize what you like ( maths or bio) or what you find easy to crack ... Mind you that maths at college level is much more difficult and combersome .... Good luck and do tell me what you chose .