• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

what to choose for A'level ?

Reaction score
OK I have given O'level this year and will start A'level ,my question is what subject to choose for A'level,though I have been suggested by many people to choose Physics,Chemistry,Mathematics,Biology and ( Applied Information and Communication Technology or Computing),Now I have some doubt about Mathematics and ( Applied Information and Communication Technology or Computing).
Can anyone suggest which will be best, Applied Information and Communication Technology or Computing ?
And what will be best for Mathematics,I am sure about P-1 and P-3 but what to take with that S-1,S-2,M-1,M-2 ?should I take further mathematics too ?h
Some suggested to take P-1,P-3 along with S-1,M-1.Some suggested to take P-1,P-3 along with M-1,M-2.And some suggested to take P-1 along with M-1 in AS and P-3,M-2 and further mathematics in A2(second year).
Please anybody suggest what take me what to do ??????

Reaction score
OK I have given O'level this year and will start A'level ,my question is what subject to choose for A'level,though I have been suggested by many people to choose Physics,Chemistry,Mathematics,Biology and ( Applied Information and Communication Technology or Computing),Now I have some doubt about Mathematics and ( Applied Information and Communication Technology or Computing).
Can anyone suggest which will be best, Applied Information and Communication Technology or Computing ?
And what will be best for Mathematics,I am sure about P-1 and P-3 but what to take with that S-1,S-2,M-1,M-2 ?should I take further mathematics too ?h
Some suggested to take P-1,P-3 along with S-1,M-1.Some suggested to take P-1,P-3 along with M-1,M-2.And some suggested to take P-1 along with M-1 in AS and P-3,M-2 and further mathematics in A2(second year).
Please anybody suggest what take me what to do ??????
ASSALAMOALIKUM,
First of all you should be knowing that Alevel is way harder than your olevel( iam not scaring you but actually telling you the reality) when i started my Alevel i was planing of giving even more subject then you but at the end i realised that in Alevel the most important thing is you have to invest a lot of time. your subject selection are pretty good, but the thing is i advice you not to take more than 4 subjects or at the most if you think you can study more than 4-5 qualitative hours a day then think about 5 subjects,
In Mathematics ill advice you statistics-1 and mecanics-1 as thats what most people do becuase youll get knowledge of both which will help you not to get stuck in any area in your university, though there are people who give m-1 and m-2 but then the problem comes that youll have problem in statistics in near future in your university becuase isuppose flavouring both of the different components is better than getting super in one and having no idea about the other.
soory i have no idea about computing and applied ict but have heard from lots of people that applied ict is a very interesting and good subject
by the look of your subjects it looks like your planing tobecome a computer engineer
regarding further math i was thinking my self to give it but according to lots of people advices that dont give it as first of all its one of the toughest subject and another thing is that its alot time consuming and can effect your other subject grade.
the other thing i have understand is that your teacher should be really good becuase that helps alot if your willing to give lots of subjects because if they teach you everything precisely and you clearly understand all things in class so when you come beack home you just need to revise it. but if there not good youll have to go tutions but lots of books making notes by your self whihc is ussualy the case.
so basically my advie if your still not sure whetehr to go into a field of medical or engineering take chemistry, physics, biology and Mathemaitcs if your programing to be an computer sort fo engineering take chemistry, physics, mathematics and applied ict
i hope that helps

Reaction score
do not take too much of subjects because it is really not short as o level course in one year take maximum 3-4 subjects better (3) because u will have more time to concentrate and get good grades belive me if u want more do the others in october november even u will have time to play and study this subjects and donot be scared it is easy but little longer and best of luck ...(y):p

Reaction score
ASSALAMOALIKUM,
First of all you should be knowing that Alevel is way harder than your olevel( iam not scaring you but actually telling you the reality) when i started my Alevel i was planing of giving even more subject then you but at the end i realised that in Alevel the most important thing is you have to invest a lot of time. your subject selection are pretty good, but the thing is i advice you not to take more than 4 subjects or at the most if you think you can study more than 4-5 qualitative hours a day then think about 5 subjects,
In Mathematics ill advice you statistics-1 and mecanics-1 as thats what most people do becuase youll get knowledge of both which will help you not to get stuck in any area in your university, though there are people who give m-1 and m-2 but then the problem comes that youll have problem in statistics in near future in your university becuase isuppose flavouring both of the different components is better than getting super in one and having no idea about the other.
soory i have no idea about computing and applied ict but have heard from lots of people that applied ict is a very interesting and good subject
by the look of your subjects it looks like your planing tobecome a computer engineer
regarding further math i was thinking my self to give it but according to lots of people advices that dont give it as first of all its one of the toughest subject and another thing is that its alot time consuming and can effect your other subject grade.
the other thing i have understand is that your teacher should be really good becuase that helps alot if your willing to give lots of subjects because if they teach you everything precisely and you clearly understand all things in class so when you come beack home you just need to revise it. but if there not good youll have to go tutions but lots of books making notes by your self whihc is ussualy the case.
so basically my advie if your still not sure whetehr to go into a field of medical or engineering take chemistry, physics, biology and Mathemaitcs if your programing to be an computer sort fo engineering take chemistry, physics, mathematics and applied ict
i hope that helps
Walaikumasalm,
Thanks for the reply,Ya I want to enter computer sector(Computer science or Computer engineering).
If I leave Biology and take chemistry, physics, mathematics and applied ict. So would it be good if I wanted to give P-1,M-1 and S-1 in AS level and later think of A2,what to choose or not,or it will be hard ???????????? what mathematics you have taken ?

Reaction score
do not take too much of subjects because it is really not short as o level course in one year take maximum 3-4 subjects better (3) because u will have more time to concentrate and get good grades belive me if u want more do the others in october november even u will have time to play and study this subjects and donot be scared it is easy but little longer and best of luck ...(y):p
I want to enter computer sector(Computer science or Computer engineering). if I wanted to give P-1,M-1 and S-1 in AS level and later think of A2,what to choose or not,or it will be hard ???????????? what mathematics you have taken ?

Reaction score
Walaikumasalm,
Thanks for the reply,Ya I want to enter computer sector(Computer science or Computer engineering).
If I leave Biology and take chemistry, physics, mathematics and applied ict. So would it be good if I wanted to give P-1,M-1 and S-1 in AS level and later think of A2,what to choose or not,or it will be hard ???????????? what mathematics you have taken ?
yes thats good subject combination, but regarding AS Math i am not sure about if you can give 3 components in As. iam in AS I have given the Alevel complete it self p-1, p-3 ,m-1, s-1 p-1 and s-1 are really easy only p-3 is a bit time consuming and that too only two chapter vectors and complex numbers.
i think its a good idea to give these 4 subjects but it all depends on how much you work hard and your potential. in pkainstan normally as for as i have heard every pakistani takes 4 subjects and some give 3 Alevels and 1 As. my advice would be according to your future planing surely take Math, physics and applied ict regarding chemistry see if you can absorb 4 subjects but i think you can do 4 subjects but again youll have to work hard and you should have good school teachers becuase they save a huge ammount of time which unfortunately i didnt had.
hopew that helps

Reaction score
shud i choose mechanics or stats for A levels maths
If you wanna study engineering type things then mechanics is important,but as big brother 1357913579 has said "flavouring both of the different components is better than getting super in one and having no idea about the other".So you could choose M-1 and S-1 along with P-1 and P-3.

Reaction score
yes thats good subject combination, but regarding AS Math i am not sure about if you can give 3 components in As. iam in AS I have given the Alevel complete it self p-1, p-3 ,m-1, s-1 p-1 and s-1 are really easy only p-3 is a bit time consuming and that too only two chapter vectors and complex numbers.
i think its a good idea to give these 4 subjects but it all depends on how much you work hard and your potential. in pkainstan normally as for as i have heard every pakistani takes 4 subjects and some give 3 Alevels and 1 As. my advice would be according to your future planing surely take Math, physics and applied ict regarding chemistry see if you can absorb 4 subjects but i think you can do 4 subjects but again youll have to work hard and you should have good school teachers becuase they save a huge ammount of time which unfortunately i didnt had.
hopew that helps
Is further mathematics too hard ????????

Reaction score
ASSALAMOALIKUM,
i hope that helps
P1/M1 OR P1/S1 in As level maths Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Ive no intentionz to give A level physics :p
then do statistics:p
whats your future program becuase if not planing engineering which obviously the case as your not giving physics:p so people give statics-1 in As and stat-2 in A2