• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Which calculators are allowed in CIE examinations?

Reaction score
These are allowed too

AURORA
SC 550

FIAMO
SC 6
SC 20

CANON
F-715S

CASIO
FX 82AU
FX 82MS
FX 85MS
FX 95MS
FX 95 SG Plus
FX 350MS
FX 820MS
FX 992S

HEWLETT PACKARD
HP 8S
HP 9S
HP10S
HOSEKI
H-1030
H-1031

SHARP
EL 509VM
EL 509 W
EL 509WM
EL 509WS
EL 546VA
EL W531S

TEXAS INSTRUMENTS
TI 30XIIB
TI 30XIIS
TI 34 II
is nt FX-82ES PLUS allowed !?

Reaction score
Hello guys and girls,
This is my first post, please don't be rude.
I have bought a Casio fx-570es Plus and I'm worrying whether I will be allowed to give my CIE's with it.
From the feature overview from here:- http://www.casio-europe.com/euro/sc/technical/fx570esplus/
and the Cambridge calculator must not have things here:- http://ask.cie.org.uk/system/selfse...USERTYPE=1&CMD=VIEW_ARTICLE&ARTICLE_ID=311589
I am a very beginner in CIE's. I have to give maths, physics and chemistry in 2017 but I want to practice with the calculator I will be allowed in the CIE's only. If the specifications are ok with CIE's not allowed features, please tell me and explain to me a little about why this is allowed. Anybody who has some CIE proof or him/herself has used this calc in CIE (pakistan) would help me alot. I really need help guys!

Reaction score
Hello, I have an fx 82 es plus, and is it allowed for the cie igcse examinations???

PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP!

Thanks.

Reaction score
These are allowed too

AURORA
SC 550

FIAMO
SC 6
SC 20

CANON
F-715S

CASIO
FX 82AU
FX 82MS
FX 85MS
FX 95MS
FX 95 SG Plus
FX 350MS
FX 820MS
FX 992S

HEWLETT PACKARD
HP 8S
HP 9S
HP10S
HOSEKI
H-1030
H-1031

SHARP
EL 509VM
EL 509 W
EL 509WM
EL 509WS
EL 546VA
EL W531S

TEXAS INSTRUMENTS
TI 30XIIB
TI 30XIIS
TI 34 II
Is Canon F-718SA allowed for A level?

Reaction score
This is from the Examination Regulation document:
8. Calculators with any of the following facilities are prohibited and use of any such calculators will be regarded as malpractice:
• graphic display
• data banks
• dictionaries
• language translators
• retrieval or manipulation of text or formulae
• QWERT keyboards
• built-in symbolic algebra manipulations
• symbolic differentiation or integration
• capability of remote communication with other machines

If your calculator has any of these, it may not be used. The "fx-991es" has the Symbolic differentiation, so it may not be used unfortunately.

Please read the instructions for: a) Examination Regulations Regarding the Use of Calculators and Dictionaries.
b) The IGCSE/GCE Guidelines.
Search for them on Google.
FX 991 ES Plus has only numerical differentiation and integration, not symbolic. I have it. But it has constants, I don't know if that counts as a data bank...